Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sxg6  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2015 7:06:45 PM(UTC)
sxg6

Groups: Registered

Main Problem:
I have a whirlpool cabrio wtw7340xw0 washer that has had a stalling issue for around 1-2 years, and continues to get worse.

Typically with 38 or 29 minutes left in the wash cycle, the washing machine will just stop. When the washer stops, it typically seems like the washer is in a transition between cycles, possibly before the washer is supposed to start draining. While stopped, I can hear a humming noise. Initially, the washer would continue after 2-3 minutes. Now, the washer might start back up after 5-10 minutes, or eventually display LD (long drain) error and stop indefinietly. I have experimented a little bit, and if i hit stop/start enough times while the washer is stalled, it will start back up. It's like an engine that doesn't want to start up, sometimes after hitting start/stop, it'll sputter a little, but not fully start back up.

I have tried a number of different things. The washer passes automatic testing just fine. I have tried resetting the pressure transducer multiple times, which doesn't help. I have disassembled the drain pump, and it is 100% clean. Though when I disassembled the drain pump, I did find a very small piece of metal. I attached a crude drawing of what the tiny piece of metal looked like, since I threw the piece away, and deleted the photo I took of it months ago.

The lint filter at the bottom of the washer tub is clean. When the drain pump drains, it drains very quickly and moves a lot of water. I'm really at a loss. I've read that other people with this problem have replaced drain pumps, control boards, and nothing has helped.

As far as I can tell, the pressure transducer tube is not kinked anywhere. After doing some reading online, the only other things I can think of are the rotor position sensor, and possibly bad wiring leading to the drain pump. I've torn this washer apart so many times, I'm really getting tired of it. Any help is appreciated.

Small issue that I might as well throw out there as well.
I also have another small issue, but this doesn't bother me nearly as much as the stalling issue. I replaced the bearings and drive shaft in my whirlpool washer around 6 months ago, because I was getting a suds error, and I suspected the drive shaft was the main culprit. The washer basket would get stuck in an elevated position on the drive shaft, presumably getting stuck in this position because the driveshaft was worn and had developed a slight lip. So the basket would lift up after filling with water, but sometimes never come down, or sometimes (loudly) drop down at some point in the cycle when there was no water to float the basket. I suspected that this was causing soap suds to never fully wash out because the basket was constantly elevated, and the water level may not have reached high enough to rinse the clothing.

Anyways, here we are, maybe 6 months later. My washer sometimes sounds like a jet engine again when it is spinning. Also, I can again hear what sounds like the washer basket dropping after getting hung up on the drive shaft, and the washer makes a unique sound when it spins in an elevated position on the driveshaft.
sxg6 attached the following image(s):
washer.metal.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.