Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
retiredncolorado  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 6:12:07 AM(UTC)
retiredncolorado

Groups: Registered

I replaced my ice maker about two years ago and everything has been fine. But, recently the ice maker has gone a little berserk...
The ice tray motor does not stop trying to twist the tray to drop the ice. It just keeps twisting making a terrible racket. This goes on until I unplug the refrigerator and press the ice maker reset button.
When I unplug the refrigerator and press the reset button the unit works perfectly for one cycle. It returns the tray to the upright position and never fills it with water. Once the unit believes there is frozen water(ice) in the tray the motor kicks on and trays to drop the imaginary ice..... It never stops tweaking the tray...

I am not sure why it works when I unplug and reset the ice maker, but does not work the second time.

Any advice on how to trouble shoot this and find the culprit would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.