Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gotcoffee82  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 1, 2015 7:37:21 PM(UTC)
gotcoffee82

Groups: Registered

I just replaced the dryers electrical box which meant that I had to take out the outlet, unplug the wires into the outlet, put the new box and put the 3 wires back into the outlet. When I turned on the dryer, I noticed that the dryer stopped producing heat when it was in use. I also noticed the timer switch never moves and the dryer will run all day if you let it. Not certain if the two issues are related, but need to know where to check first. Dryer tumbles and moves fine, just no heat and won't stop until the door is opened.

I checked the vents (cleaned them) and the wires going into the outlet to make sure there's proper contact and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Edit - Here's the correct model number for the dryer. MEDC400VW
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2015 5:52:51 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Need the proper model number. Does the timer advance in timed dry cycle? Assume it's not advancing in auto which it will not do without heat.

Eric
gotcoffee82  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2015 6:05:21 AM(UTC)
gotcoffee82

Hi Eric,

Sorry about that. The model # is MEDC400VW.

I tried both the timed dry cycle and automatic dry cycle. Both do not advance the timer nor is there any heat.

I read in the manual that if there's no heat, that one of the problem could be with the circuit breaker. I assume it's not that since I can turn the dryer on but without heat though. Not sure if this matters but when I was switching the electrical box out, I turned off the circuit breaker to the dryer for a few hrs but I don't see why that would be a problem.

I also switched the circuit breaker to the dryer on and off a few times as I read that would "reset" it but still nothing.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2015 6:31:21 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sounds like you do not have 240vac to the machine. The drive motor runs off of 120vac (L1 and neutral). The timer motor and heat coil run off of 240vac (L1 and L2). Check for 240vac at the dryer cord terminal block on the back of the machine.

Eric
gotcoffee82  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2015 4:30:04 PM(UTC)
gotcoffee82

Thanks Eric for your suggestion. After opening up the panel to the back of the dryer and checking the wires visually and physically, they all look and feel secure.

https://imgur.com/CrT16LF

Do you think my circuit breaker for the dryer isn't working anymore? Or would it be another cause?

Thanks!
gotcoffee82  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2015 5:54:24 PM(UTC)
gotcoffee82

Checked the circuit breaker and eventually found out that the circuit breaker wasn't turned all the way on. Ugh stupid me....

Thanks again Eric for your suggestions!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply