Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DFH  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:29:03 PM(UTC)
DFH

Groups: Registered

Our Thermador C301U built-in electric single wall oven suddenly started beeping in an irregular way and displaying the fault code "F11." We were not using it at the time. I tried opening the oven’s circuit breaker overnight, but it behaved the same way after I closed the circuit breaker again. Occasionally we hear faint clicks from the oven.

About 5 years ago I had to replace the control board in this oven.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips? I have digital voltage/current/resistance meters as well as a clamp-on digital AC ammeter. What part(s) would I likely need to repair it this time?

Thanks for the help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DFH  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 2:47:01 PM(UTC)
DFH

Groups: Registered

[FONT=&quot]Unplugging and re-plugging the cables that go to the power relay board brought this oven back to normal operation!

Although I have to acknowledge an accurate diagnostic code in this case, I certainly can't recommend Thermador electric wall ovens. Not only have I had to replace the control board previously (which cost over $200); pressing the self-cleaning button trips the thermal protection switch (which is quite difficult to reach to reset, and cost me a service call to learn how to do it). Other readers of Consumer Reports report Thermador as among the less reliable brands. My experience is pretty lame considering I paid about $2,000 from a discount vendor for this "premium" oven back in 1999 when a dollar was worth more than it is today, and the oven is only used a few time per year. [/FONT]
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply