Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
klavender1  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 5:46:22 AM(UTC)
klavender1

Groups: Registered

I've got an older drop in electric GE range, model #JDP37G0L3BG. I'm not sure how old it is since it was in the house when I bought it. Started getting an F3 error code, happens before it starts to heat up, about 15 seconds after turning the oven on. Thanks to the knowledge found on this forum, I tested the oven temp sensor. It tests around 1080 ohms so that's good. I tested the wiring going up the the control board and that tests good. The problem seems to be this little piece of wiring that attaches to the control panel and the temp sensor wiring. I've been told it's a diode so I tested with a multimeter on the diode setting. I tested both polarities and get OL on both directions. I can't seem to find this little part anywhere. Or where to buy diodes in general. I wasn't sure if diodes had set values like resistors do. On the diode itself reads "TCO D103 104C". I've googled that and no luck. Can anyone offer help finding this part? Thank you.
klavender1 attached the following image(s):
0827141819sm.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

klavender1  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 11:32:36 AM(UTC)
klavender1

It looks sorta like #258 in this diagram:
Parts for GE JDP37GL3: SECTION1 Parts - AppliancePartsPros.com
But that's called a limit switch. And after searching that GE part number, that doesn't seem like what I need. But the picture is very close.
klavender1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 30, 2014 10:10:27 AM(UTC)
klavender1

I went to sears and they found a part number for me that's calling it a thermal fuse. Here's the link:
http://www.********************...=0&shdPart=WB27X0545

Does anyone know the size of the fuse? I'm thinking I could solder one in for much cheaper than $50. Any ideas?
masavrin@netzero.net  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 11:26:16 AM(UTC)
masavrin@netzero.net

That's not a diode. It's a one-shot thermal fuse that trips at 104 degrees C. They're available. They don't have a polarity, so replace existing one (probably reads 'open' with a multimeter) either direction.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply