Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wicked94pgt  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:31:44 PM(UTC)
wicked94pgt

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire Gallery Series dishwasher won't drain fully. This started immediately or very soon after replacing the garbage disposal. When the problem started, it would drain until the water level was about at the heating element, which is apparently a common symptom.

After reading some other posts, I've tried the following:

1. Removed the hose from the garbage disposal and cleaned more gunk out of the end of the hose (I had already done some cleaning while replacing the disposal). I could still see some gunk in there sticking in the accordion folds of the hose, but it seemed like there was clear passage through the hose. No change in drain level after another fill/drain cycle.

2. Removed the screen and other parts in the bottom, including the impeller cover. There wasn't much gunk in there but I cleaned whatever was there. I felt as far as I could into all of the ports and passageways but couldn't feel any other debris. No change in drain level after another fill/drain cycle.

2. Pulled off the lower sprayer. No change in drain level after another fill/drain cycle.

3. Removed the drain hose from the garbage disposal and put it in a bucket. It seemed to drain completely after this, though I didn't remove the screen to see if there was any water below that. Saw a little more gunk that came out in the bucket.

4. Re-connected the drain hose to the garbage disposal and ran another fill/drain cycle. It did not drain fully, but definitely more than before.

Is it possible that there is just a little more gunk in the hose somewhere that needs to be cleaned out?

Also, the pump definitely doesn't sound right while it's running. Sounds sort of like air is leaking in, sort of a spitting sound. But it's clearly still pumping most of the water.

The other posts I've read have already been extremely helpful with great information and instructions. Thanks so much for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.