Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JACK G  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:19:50 PM(UTC)
JACK G

Groups: Registered

My Wall Oven Is Showing A Code F3. With Help From This Site I Purchased And Replaced The Oven Temp Sensor. Now Still Getting A F3 Code. Now What?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:25:07 PM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

The F3 error indicates that the control is indeed having an issue with the signal it is getting from the oven sensor. This may be caused by a faulty sensor, a faulty control or an issue in the wiring harness between the two. You can measure the resistance at the control where the oven sensor plugs in at. At room temperature, that connector should read about 1100 ohms or resistance. If it does, the control is faulty. If it does not, the wiring harness would be suspect because you have already replaced the oven sensor. Let me know what you find.
JACK G  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:38:29 AM(UTC)
JACK G

In Your Reply, You Mentioned The Wire Harness So This Is The Area I Went To. I Hardwired The New Temp Sensor (as Per The Instructions). I Unpluged And Repluged At The Control And No More F3 Code. I Now Will Always Wonder What The Actual Problem Was. Thank You
Appliance Ninja  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:21:26 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Often times, there can be a bit of corrosion or contaminants on small connectors that have not been apart for many years. That corrosion leads to resistance and since the oven sensor works by sending a resistance reading that is then interpreted by the board, it can cause the control to read higher than what the sensor is sending. When you removed the connector and replaced it, you reset the connector and it likely scratched through any corrosion/contaminants, ridding the excess resistance in that circuit. Glad it is now working, nice job!
JACK G  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:11:16 AM(UTC)
JACK G

Oven Worked Fault Code Free For About 2 Cooking Cycles, Then Code F 3 Again. Checked Temp Sensor Connectors, Cleaned Control Contacts. Worked Again For Another 2 Or 3 Cooking Cycles And F 3 Again. Getting About 165 Or 170 Ohms On Both The Old And New Replacement Temp Sensor. Could It Actually Be The Control Having The Issue Or Do I Have 2 Defective Temp Sensors ?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply