Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jubrand  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 7:13:28 PM(UTC)
jubrand

Groups: Registered

This Kenmore is a side by side with water and ice dispensers in the freezer door. Over the past few months, both the extensions that you press a cup against to activate the ice or water dispensers have broken off. I've been able to buy replacement actuators, parts AH1526386 and AH1526390, but I can't figure out how to install them. There doesn't seem to be any way to disassemble the door to get to that area. I can't find any diagrams online either. Does anyone either know how to get to those parts, and/or know where I can find a disassembly diagram for the door?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jubrand  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 10, 2009 8:14:06 PM(UTC)
jubrand

Anyone have any ideas?
jubrand  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 1:00:36 PM(UTC)
jubrand

Even if someone could point me to a website where I can get the blueprints for the fridge, that's probably all i need. I checked around the gasket too, and there aren't any screws there either. I'm thinking there's something I need to pry off, but I don't want to guess wrong.
wattsarbound  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2010 2:02:49 PM(UTC)
wattsarbound

I ran into the same problem today. To remove the cover plate, lift up on the upper portion by placing one hand each under the ice and water labels on the cover. By lifting up, you are lifting a plastic tab on the cover over a corresponding plastic ledge on the door. Moderate pressure is enough and it only needs to clear about 1/8 inch. While lifting up, pull gently toward you and the top portion will be free. The lower portion is a tight friction fit with a plastic bar on the bottom.

Once you get the cover free, disconnect the ribbon cable on the cover, remembering correct orientation.

Three screws hold the dispenser module. Remove the three screws, then unplug the dispenser module. There are small metal cover plates holding down the pivot points of the ice actuator. Remove at least one to remove the ice actuator. The spring loaded ice chute assembly provides the return force for the ice actuator, so make sure the upper ice actuator tabs engage the chute.

I was able to replace the ice actuator with the water line attached.

Best of luck and hope this helps. Shoulda taken pics; next time.
sparis  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:51:16 PM(UTC)
sparis

Hi - We were able to follow your instructions to pull the cover off and replace the actuator. Everything seemed fine until we tried to replace the flat cable between the little green electronic panels. Had trouble inserting it but then the ice light came on and we tightened up the cover. We got water right away and it seemed ok until we replaced the filter and now do not get water OR ice. Light is still on showing power to the indicators. Wondering if we crimped other wires or ??? Did we handle the tab too much or should we just wait awhile to see if magic happens? Any ideas??
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply