Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bonadu  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2013 11:46:54 AM(UTC)
Bonadu

Groups: Registered

My refrigerator has been acting up from time to time. First it freezes milk then defrosts the freezer. I took the back off the freezer and noticed it was iced up. I checked a few links here and purchased control board, thermistor defrost heater and thermostat. When i removed the defrost heater it was burnt on both ends. I installed all the parts only for the the defrost heater to burn again. I ordered another and plugged it in and changed the thermostat again also.All connection were coated with RTV. The only thing that came on was the lights. I took out the new control board(which had lots of extra connections) and put the old one back in. Everything seemed fine until the defrost cycle. It started and iI smell burnt wire again. All item where check as instucted with ohm meter etc. All were in range so i don't know what else to check. Could it be an old smell? Water is pouring onto the heater when it defrost. Is this normal operations for the heater?:confused: :(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.