Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DebbieB.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 4:40:15 AM(UTC)
DebbieB.

Groups: Registered

I'm sure you see this question a lot and I apologize. I just got my new range/oven mid-'april. My son was using the oven and wanted to clean the mess that occurred. I told him to use the self-cleaning. It was the first time for that. Now the door won't open. I've googled everything, then came across a paper that came with the paperwork stating the racks must be out. I wish that was in the manual. If it was, we both overlooked it. So how do you open it now that it's locked and the racks are inside and apparently not supposed to be? I've unplugged and let it sit and then plugged it back in to no avail (to reset)...I've held the cancel buttom for a few seconds, that didn't work. Thanks for any help.

(Also, the unlock button doesn't work when I've tried that).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DebbieB.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2013 3:02:23 PM(UTC)
DebbieB.

Good thing I didn't wait for an answer.

For anyone who has this problem, I called customer service at Frigidaire, and the woman was extremely helpful. All it was was the protective coating on the rack (that's why they recommend you take it out). It caused the door to stick hard. She said to turn the oven onto 500 to 550F and let it bake for a half hour to 45 minutes, then when done, pull hard as it still may stick. I think I had it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then pulled on it and it opened. After that she said oil the rack where it pulls out automatically when I open the door and also rub it down with wax paper.

Been working great.
shanewoods21  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:28:29 PM(UTC)
shanewoods21

Originally Posted by: DebbieB. Go to Quoted Post
[COLOR="Black"]Good thing I didn't wait for an answer.

For anyone who has this problem, I called customer service at Frigidaire, and the woman was extremely helpful. All it was was the protective coating on the rack (that's why they recommend you take it out). It caused the door to stick hard. She said to turn the[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Oven Cleaning[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]onto 500 to 550F and let it bake for a half hour to 45 minutes, then when done, pull hard as it still may stick. I think I had it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then pulled on it and it opened. After that she said oil the rack where it pulls out automatically when I open the door and also rub it down with wax paper.

Been working great.[/COLOR]

Thanks for mentioning solution as well. I have faced the problem earlier but the door opened itself after sometime. I was not able to understand the reason behind it. But i will be bit careful., Thanks again
DebbieB.  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 8:47:29 AM(UTC)
DebbieB.

Originally Posted by: shanewoods21 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for mentioning solution as well. I have faced the problem earlier but the door opened itself after sometime. I was not able to understand the reason behind it. But i will be bit careful., Thanks again

No problem, Shane. Hopefully, you won't experience it. :-)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply