Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nickd61  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:45:58 PM(UTC)
nickd61

Groups: Registered

I replaced the seal of a GE Monogram bottom freezer. I removed the 8 bolts that hold the front door on, removed the seal, and snapped a new in place. I soaked the new seal in hot water to remove any creases since it was folded in a box on delivery.

I didn't notice it at the time, but a few days later, I noticed the freezer up to 23 degrees and the refrigerator up to 47. When I looked at the freezer door, their is about a 1/4" gap on the top, but it is tight on the bottom. Almost looks like the door is out of alignment. I looked for any adjustment screws, but couldn't find any and since I only removed the 8 screws that hold the door on the rails, there was nothing else I touched to throw it off alignment. Also, these screws simply get tightened all the way, so they do not have an adjustment feature on them.

Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Nick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 12:31:33 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Nick,

Looks like you have to order the gasket gap repair kit. Attached are the installation instructions. This kit is on back order and may call the APP customer service for ETA.

- The gasket gap repair kit Part number: WR49X10112
Part number: WR49X10112

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Parts for GE ZICS360NRALH Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
nickd61  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 1:55:23 PM(UTC)
nickd61

Groups: Registered

Gene,

Thank you very much. As luck would have it, I ran to our local hardware store, purchased the thinnest nylon washers (no rusting) and installed them under the bottom part of the bracket. After tightening everything in place, the door sealed perfectly. I came to realize the door was never aligned properly from the factory, and I had been just dealing with it.

A repair tech came out 5 yrs. ago and said it's just how they are. I am almost glad I had this issue, because the door now closes solid, has a little vacuum on it, and it stout. Again, thanks for the advice because what you showed me is exactly what I did and it worked.

Thanks,

Nick
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:12:21 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome Nick. I'm glad it did work for you. Thank you for the feed back.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply