Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LenZ  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:16:57 AM(UTC)
LenZ

Groups: Registered

Checked plug at bottom of freezer door for power with meter. No power on plug feeding power to freezer door. connection and wires look OK. Does that wire harness go back to control board in back of fridge? If so, is there any fuses or anything to check on that? Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:38:31 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LenZ Go to Quoted Post
Checked plug at bottom of freezer door for power with meter. No power on plug feeding power to freezer door. connection and wires look OK. Does that wire harness go back to control board in back of fridge? If so, is there any fuses or anything to check on that? Thanks in advance for your help.

LenZ, No, there are no fuses or anything to check on. The black wire in the freezer door harness, is a direct connection to the power cord, the control board is not involved in the dispenser operation of your refrigerator. You'll need to check the black wire from the door hinge back to the power cord, until you find the loose connection or broken wire.
LenZ  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:41:47 AM(UTC)
LenZ

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
LenZ, No, there are no fuses or anything to check on. The black wire in the freezer door harness, is a direct connection to the power cord, the control board is not involved in the dispenser operation of your refrigerator. You'll need to check the black wire from the door hinge back to the power cord, until you find the loose connection or broken wire.

Joe, thanks for the information. I will check this evening..
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 7:26:56 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, thanks for the information. I will check this evening..

OK, Please remember to post your results. So other readers can refer to your experience and repair.

Thanks,
LenZ  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:36:24 PM(UTC)
LenZ

OK, Please remember to post your results. So other readers can refer to your experience and repair.

Thanks,

Joe,
Looks like I didn't have a good ground for my meter. I have 120VAC on the blue wire with a black stripe. I pulled the front dispenser panel and I don't have 120VAC on the same blue/black stripe wire there or any voltage past .3VAC. I pulled the door switch and it ohms out fine. I tried seeing if the plug below the freezer door has continuity to the plug on the dispenser panel (e.g. ohmed out the blue wire with black strip on both ends of the connectors). Does the wire harness go from the bottom of the freezer door to the front panel? If so, it appears the wire is broken? Any next suggestions, thanks in advance for your help.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 8, 2013 5:41:45 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe,
Looks like I didn't have a good ground for my meter. I have 120VAC on the blue wire with a black stripe. I pulled the front dispenser panel and I don't have 120VAC on the same blue/black stripe wire there or any voltage past .3VAC. I pulled the door switch and it ohms out fine. I tried seeing if the plug below the freezer door has continuity to the plug on the dispenser panel (e.g. ohmed out the blue wire with black strip on both ends of the connectors). Does the wire harness go from the bottom of the freezer door to the front panel? If so, it appears the wire is broken? Any next suggestions, thanks in advance for your help.

LenZ,
There's nothing easy with this type issue. Yes the blue/black wire is the 120 VAC circuit to the dispenser switches, etc. It attaches to the freezer door light switch, routes through the cabinet, and does exit at the door hinge. Then is routed from the hinge to the dispenser through the door panel. If you're lucky, when you remove the freezer door, you'll find that the blue/black wire is loose in the connector or frayed/broken at the connector and door hinge opening in the bottom of the door, and may be repairable.
LenZ  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 7:50:30 AM(UTC)
LenZ

LenZ,
There's nothing easy with this type issue. Yes the blue/black wire is the 120 VAC circuit to the dispenser switches, etc. It attaches to the freezer door light switch, routes through the cabinet, and does exit at the door hinge. Then is routed from the hinge to the dispenser through the door panel. If you're lucky, when you remove the freezer door, you'll find that the blue/black wire is loose in the connector or frayed/broken at the connector and door hinge opening in the bottom of the door, and may be repairable.

Cut the black mesh protecting the wires leading into the freezer door and 3 of the wires were broken (due to opening and closing door). I soldered the wires together and ice/water dispenser working fine. Thanks for your help!!
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 8:02:08 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Cut the black mesh protecting the wires leading into the freezer door and 3 of the wires were broken (due to opening and closing door). I soldered the wires together and ice/water dispenser working fine. Thanks for your help!!

LenZ,

Great,

Glad we were able to help you out.

Thanks for the update.

Good Luck,
kenkad  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:49:17 PM(UTC)
kenkad

Just wanted to say that I had the same problem of intermittent ice and water dispenser and light. Checked continuity of white, white/red, purple, blue/black and dark blue wires. White and blue/black were not conducting through the harness and when I took the covering off, both were broken and so was the ground (green) wire. Fixed all three and put shrink on each and then the bundle. Thank you for posting this suggestion/fix.
kenkad  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:49:59 PM(UTC)
kenkad

Just wanted to say that I had the same problem of intermittent ice and water dispenser and light. Checked continuity of white, white/red, purple, blue/black and dark blue wires. White and blue/black were not conducting through the harness and when I took the covering off, both were broken and so was the ground (green) wire. Fixed all three and put shrink on each and then the bundle. Thank you for posting this suggestion/fix.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply