Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
czerner  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2012 5:57:45 AM(UTC)
czerner

Groups: Registered

8 month old Samsung washer WA5451AN always generates a "DC" error code shortly after the spin cycle starts, EVEN WHEN THE WASHER IS EMPTY. After resetting, the spin cycle repeats, but at either 9 or 7 minutes into the new cycle the machine recycles to either 14 or 17 minutes. This bizarre behavior -- that is the rinse, start spin, recycle -- continues until I shut off the power. The company attempted a repair by replacing the motor and the Hall effect sensor, but the system failed again on the very first load after the repairman left. I called SAMSUNG, but the relatively inexperienced call center agent said that I would have to have the repairman return. Moreover, even though SAMSUNG has a "lemon" rule, it doesn't invoke until two rules have triggered: 1) Machine must be out of service for 14 or more days after SAMSUNG received notification of the problem. A service call resets the 14-day clock to zero. 2) there must be three consecutive failures for the same reason, all within the warranty period. By the way, the washer is level, and this problem occurs even when the washer is empty. Help or recommendations appreciated. My wife is about to go crazy, especially since the Wash and Dry Fold place we used "lost" one of our loads. THANKS!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.