Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hunt9876  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:32:41 PM(UTC)
Hunt9876

Groups: Registered

Hey Folks,

My whirlpool electric oven GR475LXMS bake/broil elements recently stopped heating after running the self-cleaning cycle. The unit powers up and the control panel displays as if nothing is wrong, however neither of the elements heat at all. This oven contains a warming drawer element which does heat up.

I am getting both 120VAC circuits, the elements both show continuity, and the thermal fuse shows continuity. For grins, I jumpered the thermal fuse and still got no heating of the elements. From what I can tell the thermal fuse is really only part of the broil circuit on this unit anyway, so even if the thermal fuse were bad, the bake element should heat.

I believe that I have isolated the problem to the bake relay, broil relay and DLB? relay. Presumably, when I select the bake function from the control panel, the bake relay and DLB relay should close, providing power to the element. When I select the broil function, the broil relay and DLB relay should close. None of these relays close (i get no continuity across any of them) when I select the associated function from the control panel. I would imagine this is an indication that the controller is bad, but before spending ~$300 on a new part I was hoping for confirmation. Additionally, does anyone have a sense for the layout of the integrated circuit? What is the DLB relay, what closes each of these relays on the circuit, and any hints as to where I should be looking for a broken solder joint, or anything else?

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can provide!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.