Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BWizer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:54:51 AM(UTC)
BWizer

Groups: Registered

I bought this oven used so don't know how old it is though it appears to be in good shape. However, everything seemed to work fine but I have now discovered that the oven is not actually working. I can set the oven control but within about 15 seconds it always reverts back to 100 degrees. If I keep pushing the bake icon while the temperature is set, it will remain showing the set temperature but the oven does not actually heat up. The top elements and the broiler work fine. It also appears that when the broiler is on there is a little light that is also on that I thought was the oven igniter but difficult to tell. Before calling anyone, wonder if you can give me any tips...thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

misterfixall  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:13:07 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

i assume this is gas range because you said ignitor .if so is there a seperate bake+broil ignitor
BWizer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:05:08 PM(UTC)
BWizer

I can't tell if there are separate ignitors for bake and broil...the broil function works, both the control as well as the actual broiler coming on. The bake control acts like it works but, as I said, reverts to 100 degrees but never does ignite
misterfixall  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:24:19 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

the bake ignitor is under the base inside oven.you have to remove base cover to see ignitor ,
BWizer  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2008 8:55:03 AM(UTC)
BWizer

ok, finally was able to figure it out. It looks like there is in fact separate ignitors for the bake and broil functions. The bake ignitor does not work. Please advise, thank you
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply