Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rickmc11  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 12, 2009 4:24:29 AM(UTC)
rickmc11

Groups: Registered

My washer didn't come with a fabric softener dispenser but I want to put one on it. I was told that part #63580 is what I need but it seems too simple. Is that the only thing I need to make it work? does it just fit over the existing agitator or do I have to change out the agitator as well?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:33:24 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, I am going to be honest with you, I flat out don't know. The fabric softner dispenser does just sit on the agitator, but I don't know if it will sit on your.

On the other hand, its very cheap, so get one, try it and let us know. The first time put very little in in case it is not supposed to be there.
bkejle  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:27:20 AM(UTC)
bkejle

Groups: Registered

My agitator had stopped spinning so I ordered the agitator repair kit. Very easy to replace, btw. But, while looking for the part, I noticed that you could purchase a fabric softener dispenser and it was very inexpensive and I ordered that as well. All I did was instead of replacing the cap on the agitator, I just snapped the fabric softener in place of it. Of course I searched for parts by model #. Everything is working! So, to answer the original question...no, you do not have to purchase the whole agitator. You can can just remove the cap on the agitator and place the fabric softener in place of it. :)
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:41:31 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well good, thanks for that update. Just go very easy on the fabric softener, you'd be amazed at how that stuff can gum up the works.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply