Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vince123  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:08:13 AM(UTC)
vince123

Groups: Registered

I have a front loading washer. We put a small load (tablecloth and towel) in for washing the other day and came back later to find the washer was full of water and all the lights were lit up on the front panel. I hit the stop button and cleared the lights and tried to restart the machine. When I try to restart the machine I can hear the door interlock engage, and then a click, and then a humming noise. I shut the machine down and pulled it out from the wall and unplugged it for 10 minutes and plugged it back in. While it was unplugged I checked the water supply and drain lines and confirmed that they are open and free on obstructions. I turn the machine back on and get the same door interlock engagement, and then a click, and then a humming noise. Any idea what to try next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TechnicianBrian  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:39:24 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Groups: Senior Expert

If the washer will not drain, you most likely have something blocking the drain pump. Remove the lower front panel and in the middle is the sump and drain assembly. Use a shop vac to drain as much water as you can, then get a bucket and towels handy. Unscrew the front of the sump clean out slowly as any water still in the tub and sump will start coming out fast. Inside you will most likely find items that are preventing the water from draining. The drain pump could also be the problem, but start with what is simple. After cleaning, put it back together and give it another try.
vince123  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:30:12 AM(UTC)
vince123

Brian,

Thanks for your quick response. How does the front panel come off? Is it held on with clips? or screws? It doesn't seem to want to "pop" off or pry off.

Thank you,
Vince
TechnicianBrian  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 11:47:41 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

You are removing the lower panel and it is held in place with three screws along the bottom.
vince123  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:42:15 AM(UTC)
vince123

Brian,
I opened the drain and found a nylon sock stuck in the inlet side of the pump. Thanks for the help...machine works fine now! I'll buy you a beer next time I'm in Oregon.
Vince
TechnicianBrian  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:04:34 AM(UTC)
TechnicianBrian

Glad I could help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply