Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dokken  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:29:11 AM(UTC)
dokken

Groups: Registered

Abadfish
initially My fan was only running at about 30 RPM and I took a current measurement to ground and the source that ran the fan was only sourcing about 12ma of current (no where near enough to run the fan at full speed) the other line that was connected to the control side of the fan motor sourced much more current; so I 1st ran the control wire and the fan +12v wire together to the higher current source wire (red I think) and the fan ran much faster but continuously then about a month later it just dawned on me that it was probably misswired from the get-go I went back and reversed the control and +12 wires at the fan and voila... it worked fine.

I hear you about the CPU fan not moving much air... but since my fan ran about 12 months Moving almost no air I figured it'l do the job just as well if not better than a factory fan that didn't work at all.

Also I inspected the board, no missing or cold solder joints... apparently theses boards were not engineered adequately so this is a fairly common problem (based on the forums I've seen)

I don't have model and s/n: info handy but its a stainless, profile, bottom freezer purchased at home depot.
abadfish66  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:37:36 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Interesting. If you get me your model and serial# I will check on the board, there are certain refers within a certain model and serial# range that Ge is repairing the board for free. It does no good to call and mention this, as the call takers no nothing about it, but I will tell you if yours is covered.
dokken  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:45:51 AM(UTC)
dokken

deleted...
abadfish66  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:56:04 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

I know they said the part was covered, but if it falls within the model serial range, the part, home charge and labor is covered, no cost to you
dokken  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:11:26 AM(UTC)
dokken

Well that just don't make no sense... The lady made it clear that I was on the hook for all but the board itself.

I called again and the story changed; if mine is the part that they have on file (there not sure) then its covered but a service tech has to come out and look at it.

Thanks for your help badfish, I'll update after the guy comes out and looks at it.
abadfish66  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:24:06 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

They are call takers and run off a script. They don't have the info that we techs have. You wont be on the hook if it's covered, either it is or it isn't and you can go from there. If you get me the info I need, I'll be more than happy to let you know.
dokken  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:50:28 AM(UTC)
dokken

its model #: PFS22SISBSS
S/N: GL051770

My mother bd WKKT p/n: 0158-04-03
My mother bd GEA p/n: 200D4860G015

My Mother bd model # doesn't match the one they gave me so apparently I have to call yet again to see what there willing to do about it.

Okay the latest in the saga... since my MB isn't a WR55X10552 it automatically falls under the "FREE Board replacement program". We will see how that story changes when I take next Monday off to wait for the repair guy to come replace a board that a monkey could install; rather than send it to me to install myself because as the lady on the phone called me "a lay person" I couldn't possibly do it myself.

Not gunna buy another GE, heres why: General Electric Profile¿ PFS22SISSS Bottom Freezer French Door Refrigerator Reviews. Buying guides & consumer product reviews at Epinions.com
abadfish66  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 6:46:18 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Ok, well your repair will be covered, that's good, FYI that fridge is made by either LG or Samsung, GE does not manufacture that fridge they just put their name on it.
dokken  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:12:52 PM(UTC)
dokken

Badfish, I edited my original posting ... I as wrong about the misswire.
Also, I want to disconnect power from the heater (anti-condensation ckt) around the freezer door. any idea how to do that?
I'll put it back if it get s sweaty.
abadfish66  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:54:15 PM(UTC)
abadfish66

Do you not have an energy saver option on the control panel? Look at your board the J12 has a single wire to it I think it's black. It is located to the right of J7 on the left side of the board. If the wire is there, then that's your mullion heater wire. Let me know if the wire is there, if not I'll look further into it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply