Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
janil  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 1:24:25 PM(UTC)
janil

Groups: Registered

I ordered the replacement 318223626 for the Frigidaire PLES389DCE. I can't figure out how to remove the old glass stove top. :eek: I've taken out the screws under the front top part of the stove top - now what???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

janil  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 4:02:53 PM(UTC)
janil

Groups: Registered

I'm not a pro but I got it figured out and it took me a couple of hours, almost longer to figure out how to get the glass top off though. So I thought I would post this so that it might be helpful to the next person trying to figure this out.

To get to the place where you can remove the glass top.

Remove the knobs

Using a flat head screw driver remove plastic nut

Remove all the screws holding it in place.

Disconnect the circuit cables that are hooked together

unscrew ground cable

Lift entire stove top out

remove screws on sides and back -lift bottom off

Lift glass top off - you may need to work it a bit - turn so it's laying top side down

You'll need to remove the long metal clips holding the burners in. I used the end of my screw driver to push the clip down - be gentle though.

Remove the sensors by squeezing the sides together - make sure you mark the sensors otherwise they will end up in the wrong place. I marked them with a Sharpe ie f1 f2 f3 b1 b2, whatever makes sense to you.

Place the new glass top upside down on a protected surface so you don't scratch the top of the glass.

If you have a new glass top, the tabs at the sides of where the burners need to go may need to be lifted so they are standing up - be careful they can break easily.

Carefully move the burners and sensors to the new glass top, now but the clips back on and replace the sensors in the correct holes. Once everything is secured it's time to put it back together.

Before I slid the range back in I tested all of the burners and made sure the heat sensors where in the correct spot.

Good luck
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply