Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tspiers  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 11:51:23 AM(UTC)
tspiers

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4

I have a Maytag Epic Z that will turn on and allow me to select the desired cycle, then when I press the start button, it completely shuts off. I'm being told it could be the front panel (electrical) or interface board. Can anyone help me narrow it down any more??
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 9:51:01 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: tspiers Go to Quoted Post
I have a Maytag Epic Z that will turn on and allow me to select the desired cycle, then when I press the start button, it completely shuts off. I'm being told it could be the front panel (electrical) or interface board. Can anyone help me narrow it down any more??


TS,

At this point, I don't believe you have a bad user interface.

I'd suspect, the door switch or the central control board(CCU).

If you remove the top panel of the washer(3 screws across the back and slide it back an inch). You should find the technical data sheet attached to the top, or rolled up and inserted near the CCU.

You can run all the diagnostics and component tests, and fail codes.

We'll have a better idea of what's going on.

:) :) :) :)
tspiers  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:45:53 PM(UTC)
tspiers

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4

I have looked all over for the data sheet and can't find it. I have purchased the front panel and control boards:

1 of AP4357186 (W10117419) - CNTRL-ELEC
1 of AP4452490 (W10205977) - CNTRL-ELEC

Installed both with no luck.

Can you send me the data sheet or do you have any further suggestions?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 9:38:28 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: tspiers Go to Quoted Post
I have looked all over for the data sheet and can't find it. I have purchased the front panel and control boards:

1 of AP4357186 (W10117419) - CNTRL-ELEC
1 of AP4452490 (W10205977) - CNTRL-ELEC

Installed both with no luck.

Can you send me the data sheet or do you have any further suggestions?


T,

I'm beginning to wander if you have a wiring problem(loose wire or connection), I hope not...

Here is the Tech Data Sheet,

Let me know it you recieve and can download or view it,

controller repair web.jpg (311kb) downloaded 33 time(s).
File Attachment(s):
Tech Sheet - W10207733 epic z washer.pdf (561kb) downloaded 344 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 10:40:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
T,

I'm beginning to wander if you have a wiring problem(loose wire or connection), I hope not...

Here is the Tech Data Sheet,

Let me know it you recieve and can download or view it,

controller repair web.jpg (311kb) downloaded 33 time(s).




T,

Don't bother trying to open the attachment,

It's password protected, and you'll get a pop up screen.

I'll try and send it again, unprotacted this time.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
tspiers  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 11:10:21 AM(UTC)
tspiers

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
T,

Don't bother trying to open the attachment,

It's password protected, and you'll get a pop up screen.

I'll try and send it again, unprotacted this time.
:cool: :cool: :cool:



I didn't have a problem opening the attachment. I'm trying to troubleshoot now, but still no luck
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 2:31:15 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: tspiers Go to Quoted Post
I didn't have a problem opening the attachment. I'm trying to troubleshoot now, but still no luck



T,

I'm glad (and surprised) you got the attachment.

(I sent it to another person, as a test and they were not able to open it ???)

How far were you able to get, if anywhere, in the test mode ?

Try these two things,

A) Check your cabinet ground switch(es) and wires for circuits and loose
connections.

B) Check the door switch circuit,
Connector DS2 across pins #1 and 2( unplug connector and check on
connector pins) make sure the circuit opens and closes with the door(do
this several times)

C) Check the door lock/unlock circuits,
Connector DL3 across pins #1 and #2 you should read 120 VAC, when
you program a cycle and press start.

C a)Check connector DL3, across pins #2 and #3, you should read 120 VAC,
when the door should unlock .

If you haven't yet,

Remove power and the washer top panel.
Listen closely to the CCU, and plug the unit power cord into the outlet, you should hear a distinct "click", when the K1 relay closes on the CCU.

I figure, now that you've got the diagram, we're alot better off,
you'll have a better idea of what we're doing and looking for.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
tspiers  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 5:18:37 PM(UTC)
tspiers

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/9/2010(UTC)
Posts: 4

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
T,

I'm glad (and surprised) you got the attachment.

(I sent it to another person, as a test and they were not able to open it ???)

How far were you able to get, if anywhere, in the test mode ?

Try these two things,

A) Check your cabinet ground switch(es) and wires for circuits and loose
connections.

B) Check the door switch circuit,
Connector DS2 across pins #1 and 2( unplug connector and check on
connector pins) make sure the circuit opens and closes with the door(do
this several times)

C) Check the door lock/unlock circuits,
Connector DL3 across pins #1 and #2 you should read 120 VAC, when
you program a cycle and press start.

C a)Check connector DL3, across pins #2 and #3, you should read 120 VAC,
when the door should unlock .

If you haven't yet,

Remove power and the washer top panel.
Listen closely to the CCU, and plug the unit power cord into the outlet, you should hear a distinct "click", when the K1 relay closes on the CCU.

I figure, now that you've got the diagram, we're alot better off,
you'll have a better idea of what we're doing and looking for.

:cool: :cool: :cool:




I think I found the problem. I was able to get the diagnostic mode to display the last error code....it was F24, which is a problem with the water temperature sensor. I found a broken wire on the water temperature sensor connection. I was able to repair the connection and the problem went away. However, while testing several things, I broke the door switch and just ordered another one. I hoping this will resolve all my problems and will respond back as soon as I get my part.

:o :o :o
Jon Dilloway  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:49:16 PM(UTC)
Jon Dilloway

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/18/2010(UTC)
Posts: 1

To Joe and TSPiers

just want to say thank you for your comments on this subject. I have the exact same model as TS with the exact same problem and thanks to being able to download the tech sheets and your finding the broken wire at the water temp sensor I quickl located my problem which was the exact same broken wire....easy fix..thanks a million or probably at least a couple hundred by not having to calll in a repair guy...FYI found my tech sheets taped to the inside of the lower front cover...thanks again guys..good job!!
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 20, 2010 8:17:13 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: Jon Dilloway Go to Quoted Post
To Joe and TSPiers

just want to say thank you for your comments on this subject. I have the exact same model as TS with the exact same problem and thanks to being able to download the tech sheets and your finding the broken wire at the water temp sensor I quickl located my problem which was the exact same broken wire....easy fix..thanks a million or probably at least a couple hundred by not having to calll in a repair guy...FYI found my tech sheets taped to the inside of the lower front cover...thanks again guys..good job!!




TS and Jon,

Great job, both of you,

I checked my old "tech notes", and was going to send TS an update, to check the heater, sensor circuit, next.

The heater harness was not a common occurence, but it did occur ocassionally.

TS, sorry about the door switch assembly, once that's in , you'll be OK.

Again, Great job,

Happy Holidays,
:) :) :)
Users browsing this topic
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.