Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Greenpointman  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 6:48:26 PM(UTC)
Greenpointman

Groups: Registered
United States

I have a Viking range, model VGSC306-4BSS. For a while I had spotty ignition of the stove burners, sometimes had to try 2 or 3 times before I got a burner lit. Last week I spilled some soup into the stove, in the area of the spark module, and now it's gone haywire.

No matter which burner I turn on, only the left two burners spark, and then they keep sparking even after the flame is lit. (even if it's one of the left burners that are lit. the right hand burners I now have to light with a long-handled lighter because there is no spark on the right side.) I removed the cover over the spark module, and did a trial and error by moving around the wires heading to the burners. It was always the burners connected to the two righthand spark terminals that were continuously sparking, and the burners connected to the two lefthand terminals would not spark. Thought maybe there was some dried soup gumming it up, but the module and connections look clean. I have not detached the module to look underneath.

The sparks for the broiler and the bake function work fine.

Thinking I should just buy a new spark module but is there something else that could be wrong? The spark module on the stove is PA020020, but apparently that module has been discontinued and the replacement is PA020041, which is $170, an amount I'd like to avoid spending if I can.

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.