Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mike1313  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 11:20:07 AM(UTC)
Mike1313

Groups: Registered

Our GE Hydrowave washer began not spinning as fast in the spin cycle thus the clothes were still quite wet after the cycle. In addition it was leaking a little water in the bottom & was getting noisier. This began about 10 days ago. After taking off the front panel I found a couple of ball bearings in the bottom.

I ended up replacing the Mode Shifter & Shaft Assembly (it was totally torn apart), the tub bearing & washer, the tub seal, the split washer, & the hub nut. All together about $200 & my time.

The unit is now much quieter & is not leaking but still does not spin at a high enough speed. I've read that error code #9 is a brake resistor problem & the controller will limit the spin cycle to 50 rpms. I checked for error codes via the motor RED LED but it is operating normal. I did reset the motor just to be sure but it still shows normal operation.

Not sure what to do as I assume it is either the motor or something in the control panel. Definitely don't want to replace the $200 plus motor unless I know that is the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.