Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snakeman56  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2007 12:23:21 PM(UTC)
snakeman56

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher leaks water on the bottom right side of the door. I have checked for anything stuck on the door gasket and nothing. I took the door inside panel and looked for any cracks, nothing. I just ordered the door gasket to see maybe the one there is worn and allowing water to come out. Does anybody know if replacing the gasket will fix the problem??

Thanks
Tom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2007 12:36:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Tom

If the door gasket is worn out then replacing it should solve the problem.

Happy New year!

Gene.
snakeman56  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2007 12:38:48 PM(UTC)
snakeman56

Thank you Gene! Will keep you posted.
jwatkins  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:20:50 AM(UTC)
jwatkins

The dishwasher is leaking from the right side of the door. It only happens when the washer is first started and not during the rinse cycle. Sometimes it is only a little bit of water and some times it floods. Any ideas???
Thanks
MarkSpencer1  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 11:50:01 AM(UTC)
MarkSpencer1

I have same problem, looking for answer
Gene  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2008 5:18:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Westfieldlou  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 6:17:50 PM(UTC)
Westfieldlou

With the door unlatched, turn the selector to "Normal Wash" where the dishwasher normally fills. Then with the door fully open, use a small screwdriver to trip the switch behind the inside door latch at the top of the door. Water will immediately start spraying, and you'll instantly see any abnormal jets of water hitting your seals.

(I know, you'll get water everywhere :D, but it's worth it to diagnose the problem!)

My fill screen was missing, which caused the inlet water stream to be aimed full force at my lower right gasket. I used a piece of teflon plastic to divert the stream, and my leak went away.
amituofo  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 12:07:45 PM(UTC)
amituofo

Hi Tom,
Has the gasket fixed the issue? I have the exact same problem on the same model.

Thanks.
Amituofo...

Originally Posted by: snakeman56 Go to Quoted Post
My dishwasher leaks water on the bottom right side of the door. I have checked for anything stuck on the door gasket and nothing. I took the door inside panel and looked for any cracks, nothing. I just ordered the door gasket to see maybe the one there is worn and allowing water to come out. Does anybody know if replacing the gasket will fix the problem??

Thanks
Tom
FirstApplianceServiceTeam  
#9 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 3:46:57 PM(UTC)
FirstApplianceServiceTeam

a classic issue with dishwashers is a lower leak. door seal replacement usually is not the issue, save your money. first with the door in the closed/ locked position, visually check if the machine is leaning forward. door should be paralell with cabinet. these machines have gotten so light that over time the back of the machine starts scooting back. with the top front of the machine screwed into the counter top there for the back legs begin to raise off the floor causing the machine to lean forward hence the water level is now higher in the front of the tub, therefore it leaks. in most cases you can grab the botton of the machine and pull it forward and you will feel the rear legs touch the floor again therefore also lowering the level of water in the front of the tub. good luck :cool:
HumboldtRepairMan  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2013 3:54:41 PM(UTC)
HumboldtRepairMan

Make sure unit is perfectly level side to side and front to back and inspect lower spray arm for rotation or cracks by removing it and running it under the sink while fully inspecting, water should only be coming out of the designed holes made by the manufacture nowhere else should it be leaking. Also any spray arm in a stuck position squirting at the door can cause abnormal leaks. The usual suspect if leveling doesn't fix the problem is what's called the door wipe gasket which is at the bottom of the door that fits between the door panels and sometimes will have additional pieces that fit at the bottom of the tub gasket.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply