Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shellface  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 5:48:27 PM(UTC)
shellface

Groups: Registered

My washer (computerized) washes and spins, but will not drain. The hose is not kinked. When I try to press the "spin and drain" button, it agitates, but hums when it should be draining. Is it worth fixing or should I buy a new one. It is 6 years old & we do several washes per day.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

misterfixall  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2008 7:15:57 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

it possible something is jamming pump impellor ,like a coin or hair pin, or pump itself is seized ,or impeller is broken or loose .remove front panel , there are two clips in between front panel and top that you have to push in with metal putty blade or thin slot screw driver while pulling front panel away on either then pull up from bottom clips .shop vac water from machine clamp off hose going from tub to pump .lean machine back if poosible so remaining water goes to back of tub, remove hoses , remove wiring to pump .unscrew pump from base +observe inside ports for objects or broken or seized impeller on shaft if there things in pump remove them reatach wires put machine to drain or cancel and see if pump impellor turns freely ,if so reassemble and try, otherwise buy new pump .not very expensive,
qlee72  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 6:46:30 AM(UTC)
qlee72

Hi,

How do you attach the 'propeller'-like piece to the shaft of pump seal kit? I noticed that the water is not draining completely from the bottom of the dishwasher...so I opened up cover cage and found that the 'propeller'-like piece was not connected to the shaft. I have removed the few pieces of broken glass that were accumulated in the basin but I can't seem to fit the propeller firmly onto the shaft.

Is it supposed to move around or is it supposed to be screwed in and/or clipped in? From looking at pictures of the kit, it seems like it does come off the shaft.... I'm not sure if I'm missing a piece to keep the propeller firmly in place or if I'm not screwing it in correctly.

Thanks!
misterfixall  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:23:33 AM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

there are dozens of makes of dishwashers,i would also need a model number
qlee72  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2008 3:03:07 PM(UTC)
qlee72

It's GSD4020Z07BB.

Thanks!
blewis  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 9:47:18 AM(UTC)
blewis

Our washer do not seem to completely drain. There is a musty smell that is in the washer most of the time. Any ideas for helping this problem? Thanks, blewis
blewis  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2009 9:54:40 AM(UTC)
blewis

Our washer does not seem to drain completely. There is a musty smell that is in the washer most of the time. Any ideas for solving this problem?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply