Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nojokeve  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 3:17:11 PM(UTC)
nojokeve

Groups: Registered

:) Good Evening Everyone!!! :)

First of all, thank you for reviewing my post and assisting me with my problem!

#1. I really don't know how old the dryer is. All I do know is that it was given to me.

#2. The dryer works. It has excellent heat and all the pulleys turn (until I dislodged the belt, now I have to look at the diagram and try to put it back) and it worked great until....

#3. The dryer is LOUD. All of a sudden, one day, it started sounding like a Mack truck was backing into my laundry room.

I took my time, figured out how to take the whole dang dryer apart, (I pray I can re-figure how to put it back together again! LOL!) and finally found how to get to the bottom of the drum where all the racket was coming from. It "seems" that everything is coming from the little motor contraption. I lubricated everything I could reach, and it didn't solve the problem. In my unprofessional opinion it sounds like bearings may be going bad. Metal against metal. Again, I can not emphasize enough that I am NO expert, I just like fooling around with things to see if I can get em going again.

SO, in recap;

The dryer's loud.... Don't know why... I de-hooked the belt and by the way, it doesnt seem like i can put the belt back through the idler pulley!?! The belt is solid and the pulley is.... well solidly connected.

Any sane suggestions will be very appreciated!

- An insane non-professional repair technician. :D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:27:21 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL LER6620PQ0 29``ELECTRIC DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Perhaps describing the sound a little more and if possible the general area where it is coming from may help someone help you.

Metal on metal is often the front support of the drum. Look for wear on the machine frame and drum.

If it is a rumbling sound then the most common cause are the rear drum support rollers.

Do not go crazy with the lubricant as it will collect lint.

On reinstalling the belt.
The ribs go toward the motor pulley.
Pull the idler back so it has tension on it.
Then slip the belt through the space between the idler wheel and it's mount.
It then fits onto the motor pulley and slowly release the tension on the idler so it sets on the back of the belt.
http://forum.appliancepartspros...dryer-belt-diagrams.html
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 1:35:21 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

It sounds like the typical problem with a whirlpool dryer. That metal against metal, is usually the rear drum rollers. Whirlpool makes what they call a drive kit. It includes both rear drum rollers, the idler pully, and the belt. That is the best way to handle the drive system. That ought to do it. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
nojokeve  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 6:29:13 AM(UTC)
nojokeve

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the responses and the very helpful information!

I will order the rear assembly and pray that fixes the issue. This family can't afford a new dryer, so I have to work with what they have.

Thank you again!

P.S. The description of how to re-apply the belt was AWESOME!!! :D
kayakcrzy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 10:22:50 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Good Luck!! Ole Denman, could find a needle in a haystack!!! I am just a repairman!! Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply