Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TX2110  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:08:26 AM(UTC)
TX2110

Groups: Registered

My 18 month old Samsung WF338AAW front load washer has stopped siphoning the fabric softener from the reservoir. Can someone please advise me on this issue? Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:25:27 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TX2110 Go to Quoted Post
My 18 month old Samsung WF338AAW front load washer has stopped siphoning the fabric softener from the reservoir. Can someone please advise me on this issue? Thanks

TX,

I can't seem to find that model number, and not much specific information available.

Have you removed the rinse cap(blue cover) and checked the syphon tubes for clogs ?

What about the dispenser bottom tubes (the tubes the cap fit over) ?

When you open the dispenser, is there undiluted softner, partially diluted softner or clear water ?

Does the bleach and detergent dispenser(s) work ?

You may want to remove the hoses from the faucets and fill valve, and check the filter screens for debris or sediment.

There are several components involved in supplying water to the dispenser, and you don't want to throw parts at it.

Please varify the model number, so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
:) :) :)
TX2110  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 5:07:05 AM(UTC)
TX2110

The model number is WF338AAW/XAA. The softener remains in the reseroir undiluted the cap and the tubes appear clear the bleach and soap disppensers work fine. I have not pulled the machines out and checked the supply line screens because the water supply has been good for all other functions. I did clean the filter behind the panel on the lower front of the machine. When I let the machine drain from the tube behind the filter panel all of the fabric softener drained out of the reservoir along with the clear water that was supposed to drain out during the normal cleaning routine.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:03:24 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

The model number is WF338AAW/XAA. The softener remains in the reseroir undiluted the cap and the tubes appear clear the bleach and soap disppensers work fine. I have not pulled the machines out and checked the supply line screens because the water supply has been good for all other functions. I did clean the filter behind the panel on the lower front of the machine. When I let the machine drain from the tube behind the filter panel all of the fabric softener drained out of the reservoir along with the clear water that was supposed to drain out during the normal cleaning routine.

TX,

Did cleaning the filter solve your dispenser problem ?

I am still having difficulty finding a tech date sheet and parts diagrams for this unit.

So, I'll give you what I have, as best I can

You have a 3 solenoid cold water valve

Part number: AP4211934

In the rinse cycle, 2 of the solenoids are activated and fill the rinse softner portion of the dispenser,and the pre wash portion as well.

It sounds like the rinse solenoid is not operating(opening) to allow water into the rinse cup area and dilute and syphon the softner out.

Or a wire has shook loose or broke.

The other possibility would be a bad control board,

Not feeding the voltage from the control board to the fill valve solenoid.

Were it me I would start at the wires to the cold water valve and valve assembly.

That's really all I can get for you at this point.

TX2110  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 3:48:46 PM(UTC)
TX2110

Joe, I ran a Quik Test from the control board. When I toggled through the temp settings I got various reactions from the water valves. Cold / Cold = water from above the pre wash cup, Warm / Cold = from above the bleach cup, Warm / Warm = from above the detergent cup, Hot / Cold = from above the detergent cup with additional force, and Extra Hot = Nothing happened. I was never able to find a setting that would release water from the holes above the softener cup. I don't know if this is a PCB issue or a water valve issue. Can you help? Thank you, TX

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
TX,

Did cleaning the filter solve your dispenser problem ?

I am still having difficulty finding a tech date sheet and parts diagrams for this unit.

So, I'll give you what I have, as best I can

You have a 3 solenoid cold water valve

In the rinse cycle, 2 of the solenoids are activated and fill the rinse softner portion of the dispenser,and the pre wash portion as well.

It sounds like the rinse solenoid is not operating(opening) to allow water into the rinse cup area and dilute and syphon the softner out.

Or a wire has shook loose or broke.

The other possibility would be a bad control board,

Not feeding the voltage from the control board to the fill valve solenoid.

Were it me I would start at the wires to the cold water valve and valve assembly.

That's really all I can get for you at this point.

Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 6:59:24 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe, I ran a Quik Test from the control board. When I toggled through the temp settings I got various reactions from the water valves. Cold / Cold = water from above the pre wash cup, Warm / Cold = from above the bleach cup, Warm / Warm = from above the detergent cup, Hot / Cold = from above the detergent cup with additional force, and Extra Hot = Nothing happened. I was never able to find a setting that would release water from the holes above the softener cup. I don't know if this is a PCB issue or a water valve issue. Can you help? Thank you, TX

TX,

The Quick test is not the best test to run.

You should run the Board Output Test, and the Board Input Test.
(it sounds like you found the tech sheet for your machine ?)

You can activate all the components of your washer's system and you'll have a beter idea of what's malfunctioning or has failed.

The information I have available to me is deffinitely different than yours.
and I don't want to mislead or mis inform you.

I will continue to search for the tech sheet for your unit, in the mean time.

Thanks,
:confused: :confused: :confused:
TX2110  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 7:37:52 AM(UTC)
TX2110

Joe I broke down the machine a little and looked at the operation of the solinoids. There are 5 solinoids in total ; a 4 pack and a single for the hot water. They all operate. I am starting to wonder about my available water pressure. I looked closly at the water manifold over the cups. It apears that what should happen is the main cold and the bleach solinoid should open and provide enough force to reach the rinse cup and dispense the softener. They both come on at the right time during the final rinse but the water never can reach the front of the manifold to drop in the right cup. I am supposed to have a minimum of 7.2 psi but I don't know how I would verifiy the pressure. The other thing I am wondering is if my problem may be related to a part called the water guide. The main cold water supply solinoid feeds the water guide plastic box first and then a line runs from the water guide to the main cold water input on the dispenser manifold. Does any of this make sense? thank you.
TX,

The Quick test is not the best test to run.

You should run the Board Output Test, and the Board Input Test.
(it sounds like you found the tech sheet for your machine ?)

You can activate all the components of your washer's system and you'll have a beter idea of what's malfunctioning or has failed.

The information I have available to me is deffinitely different than yours.
and I don't want to mislead or mis inform you.

I will continue to search for the tech sheet for your unit, in the mean time.

Thanks,
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 8:23:48 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe I broke down the machine a little and looked at the operation of the solinoids. There are 5 solinoids in total ; a 4 pack and a single for the hot water. They all operate. I am starting to wonder about my available water pressure. I looked closly at the water manifold over the cups. It apears that what should happen is the main cold and the bleach solinoid should open and provide enough force to reach the rinse cup and dispense the softener. They both come on at the right time during the final rinse but the water never can reach the front of the manifold to drop in the right cup. I am supposed to have a minimum of 7.2 psi but I don't know how I would verifiy the pressure. The other thing I am wondering is if my problem may be related to a part called the water guide. The main cold water supply solinoid feeds the water guide plastic box first and then a line runs from the water guide to the main cold water input on the dispenser manifold. Does any of this make sense? thank you.

TX,

Yes, everything sorta, makes sense, Using the parts diagram for referrence.

I just don't have the Technical info I need, but it sounds like you have a grasp on the situation.

To test your water supply pressure, You can get a Plumbers Water Pressure Guage at most hardware stores or the big box guys. I would also reccomend a garden hose "Y" gate,so you can check the static pressure, and then you can test the pressure drop, under a load(washer filling,and sink faucet open, etc.).

Right now, it sounds like you have decent water pressure,to the unit, and that water guide could be the problem, it wouldn't be the first time a diverter valve caused a problem.

I just wish and hope, some of the inquiries I made get a response.

If all else fails, after you test the water pressure, if It's OK, start with the water guide.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
TX2110  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 8:52:24 AM(UTC)
TX2110

Thank you so much for your help, I will go to the store this afternoon and then follow your recommendations.
TX,

Yes, everything sorta, makes sense, Using the parts diagram for referrence.

I just don't have the Technical info I need, but it sounds like you have a grasp on the situation.

To test your water supply pressure, You can get a Plumbers Water Pressure Guage at most hardware stores or the big box guys. I would also reccomend a garden hose "Y" gate,so you can check the static pressure, and then you can test the pressure drop, under a load(washer filling,and sink faucet open, etc.).

Right now, it sounds like you have decent water pressure,to the unit, and that water guide could be the problem, it wouldn't be the first time a diverter valve caused a problem.

I just wish and hope, some of the inquiries I made get a response.

If all else fails, after you test the water pressure, if It's OK, start with the water guide.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
TX2110  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2010 8:54:13 AM(UTC)
TX2110

What exactly is the water guide?
Thank you so much for your help, I will go to the store this afternoon and then follow your recommendations.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply