Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Russellcdodd  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:10:34 AM(UTC)
Russellcdodd

Groups: Registered

When i try ro run my compactor, it just hums. Twice, I have taken the outside shell off the compactor, taped the switches, and the compactor ran fine. I put the shell back on and for several weeks it continued to run fine. Then all the sudden it just hums again. I have confirmed there is nothing stuck around he ram.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Russ12  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 8, 2010 9:43:08 AM(UTC)
Russ12

Originally Posted by: Russellcdodd Go to Quoted Post
When i try ro run my compactor, it just hums. Twice, I have taken the outside shell off the compactor, taped the switches, and the compactor ran fine. I put the shell back on and for several weeks it continued to run fine. Then all the sudden it just hums again. I have confirmed there is nothing stuck around he ram.

I have the same issue. Did you get a response to this?
Russellcdodd  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 8:30:44 AM(UTC)
Russellcdodd

I have not seen a solution yet
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 12:37:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Make sure the start switch (#309 on the diagram) is working properly and the foot pedal is not broken.

Gene.
Russellcdodd  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:11:43 AM(UTC)
Russellcdodd

Gene

Thanks for your reply!! The foot peddle and swith appear to be working fine; ie when I push the peddle or the #309 switch it causes the motor to hum. I can take the unit apart, manually turn the drive gear to move the Ram, and the unit will work to 5-10 times and then go back to humming. This does not appear to be the #309 switch.

Thoughts??
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:44:02 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Very likely the power screws and the power nuts (#506 & #503 on the diagram) have to be lubricated. You can use any kind of grease.

Gene.
ROBMAY1  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2010 4:27:39 AM(UTC)
ROBMAY1

I have the same problem,and have looked all over the internet,everyone has the same problem with all Ge compactors,They are defective,mine quit after 18 months,GE is no help at all,I will never buy another ge appliance of any kind,I bought a new house and bought 5 Ge adora line appliances,within 18 months 3 have broken,The trash compactor switch was unplugged inside the unit when it arrived for installation,I just ordered a new motor for mine,since I can't get anybody to work on it,I am just guessing that this will fix it,$165 is high,but this is my only option,other than pulling it out and turning motor 1/2 turn by hand everytime i use it.

I will post here in about a week and let you know if I wasted my money,or this fixes it.Motor says made in china right on it,the whole unit was made in Mexico,I hope Ge goes out of business
ROBMAY1  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 10, 2010 4:15:07 AM(UTC)
ROBMAY1

NEW MOTOR FIXED the problem,has been working now for almost a week
the new motor came with a new gear,instructions said the new high torque motor will break the old gear,so make sure you order the kit
mine cost $165 with shipping,I hated to spend money since it was Ge that put a defective chineese made motor in it,but got tired of having a $700 trash can
dgdl441  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:51:33 PM(UTC)
dgdl441

1) More pictures available on our website www.nikeok.com2) Authentic quality, Wholesale price 3) Send the items to you within 24 hours after payment4) Shipping time: 4 -7 working days 5) Shipping types: EMS, DHL, TNT, UPS, FedEx6) Payment: Paypal, western union, money gram7) Well packaged to protect items demanding8) No order limitation. The more you order, the lower price we offer.Our main products list is as below:1) sports shoes: ******** shoes, ******** shox, Air Jordan, Jordan 2010, AF1, Jordan Fusion, Air max, Dunks, Puma, Bape, Gucci, Prada, ACG, Alife, Cole haan, Timberland boots, ect.2) Handbags: Chanel, Chloe, Coach, D&G, LV, Fendi, Gucci, Hermes, Prada, Juicy, Jimmy choo ect3) T-shirts: Affliction, BBC, POLO, Lacoste, ED-Hardy, GGG, A&F, Christan Audigier, Coogi, G-Star 4) Jeans: Red Monkey, True Religion, BBC, Christan Audigier, Artful Doger, bape, ect5) Jerseys: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL6) Hoodies: Bape, BBC, LRG, CLH, ED hardy, Evisu, Gino Green Global, Deep ect7) Watches, Sunglasses, Belt, Hats/Caps, AccessoriesWe sincerely hope to establish business relationship with all friends from domestic and abroad. Hope to cooperate with you and look forward to your reply soon. Welcome order our shoes, we will give you the best price and services. Please feel free to log on to our website at www nikeok com and contact us at service@nikeok.com
Russellcdodd  
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:00:47 AM(UTC)
Russellcdodd

I greased the power screws and power nuts...ran 3-5 times and then stops again with a humming noise when I press the peddle switch. I can turn the motor gear til the ram is off the top switches...runs 3-5 times and then hums again.

I hate to buy a motor and find that is not the problem.

HELP!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply