Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikeyfz  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 10:48:50 AM(UTC)
mikeyfz

Groups: Registered

Original belt broke after overheating and smoking. Initially I thought it was due to a blanket we washed which shed a TON of lint--lint everywhere! But when removing pump, I found no lint in pump. So replaced the belt and it seemed to work fine unitl I smelled the belt burning during the drain stage. The drive pulley is turning while pumping, but the belt is not moving. Is this correct, or should the belt be turning and driving the transmission? I saw similar post already for different model Amana...
Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mikeyfz  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 3:46:41 PM(UTC)
mikeyfz

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: mikeyfz Go to Quoted Post
Original belt broke after overheating and smoking. Initially I thought it was due to a blanket we washed which shed a TON of lint--lint everywhere! But when removing pump, I found no lint in pump. So replaced the belt and it seemed to work fine unitl I smelled the belt burning during the drain stage. The drive pulley is turning while pumping, but the belt is not moving. Is this correct, or should the belt be turning and driving the transmission? I saw similar post already for different model Amana...
Thanks!

Answering my own: Belt is supposed to turn and drive the pulley resulting in the basket spinning during the drain cycle--of course! So I removed the motor and pump again, and was able to clean up the brake disks and replace the brake pads which were locking things up. I've made headway: now during the drain cycle, the basket "sort of spins" but not really. There's still something dragging on it, not allowing it to spin freely during the drain cycle. Maybe the bearing? Or just maybe it is all that lint I mentioned in the original post caught between the basket and the basket framework. Won't be able to tell till I pull the basket. And that is a bigger job!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply