Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richappy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 2:06:33 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
There are two causes of shaking in these washers, either a weak support spring or a transmission problem.
Both can be fixed by adding a helper spring to the existing rear support spring.
Pull outer cover off and locate the tub frame spring in the back.
Buy a GE dishwasher spring WD1X1354, about six inches long and add it to the existing spring. This will fix the problem. You might want to remove the old spring to prevent spring noise while spinning.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Matt S  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 4:31:15 AM(UTC)
Matt S

There are many other causes for shaking, though.

#1 The cabinet may not be locking to the frame firmly. There is a shim kit available to remedy that.

#2 The rear leg linkage may be collapsed. Simply lean the machine forward and set it back down on the rear legs to reset the linkage.

#3 Even the floor itself can be the cause. If the machine is on Pergo flooring it will shake because of the soft padding undernieth. If the machine is on a plywood floor that is not very solid, it will shake.

There is not one simple solution for shaking. Each situation is unique.

Matt
richappy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 5:08:11 AM(UTC)
richappy

Yes you are right, these are causes for shaking, but 90% of the washers I see that shake are fixed with stiffening the suspension with a spring.
Matt S  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 5:17:18 AM(UTC)
Matt S

Wierd, 90% of the shaking I see are not fixed by the spring.

That is what I love about forums, everyone sees something a tad different and can contribute. :)

Matt
richappy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:59:44 AM(UTC)
richappy

I have fixed about ( very rough guess) about 240 washer shake problems in the past and ALL where helped by the spring addition, many to correct a severe shaking problem. Maybe you only see washers in run down locations with bad floors/rusty/damaged frames.
Matt S  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:19:51 AM(UTC)
Matt S

Wow, what is the deal with the arrogence on this forum? I have been repairing appliances for 15 years and have only seen maybe 20 or 30 that needed a spring replaced.

This forum is primarrily a self serving forum with your own internal part numbers (so people cannot order anything from the manufacturer or any other supplier for that matter) and no-one can disagree with you.

Plus, what's with the attitude "You must go to run down homes"?

Good grief. I service mostly high end homes in gated communities.

This forum should be for information on how to repair appliances. All I did was mention that there are other explanations for machine shake because you made a dogmatic statement that all shake issues are cured with a suspension spring.

Matt
richappy  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 3:02:33 AM(UTC)
richappy

Most persons in the forum do not have a confrontational attitude like you do. You make non-conciliatory comments that are force people in a corner.
In the future, I will check your repair comments and feel free to correct these when they are wrong.
Matt S  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2008 4:46:20 AM(UTC)
Matt S

Rich,

I still have no idea why you are attacking me.

You are being extremely rude. Your attitude says your experience is all the matters and everyone else is wrong. I have made concessions to your experience with appliances, and you refuse to reciprocate. In fact, you have been attacking me by making insulting comments.

Why don't you deal with my comments regarding your personal attacks and the self serving nature of this site?

I am tired of seeing people being given extremely dogmatic statements regarding their appliance problems, then being forced to buy only your parts because you will not recognise industry standard part numbers.

Also, I have seen alot of very simple questions ignored by this site. So, I have begun answering them. Also, I answer questions from an unbiased perspective because I have no parts to sell them, unlike you at this site.

Again, answer my issues as well as your personal attack on me.

Matt
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply