Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, June 9, 2010 7:13:48 AM(UTC)

I cannot get your exact model number to come up, but it looks like this is a GE washer with a diagnostic built into the inverter on the motor. You will know this is the case if you have a flashing light on the motor.

The first place you want to check is the lid switch and the fuse if you have one, but before doing even that clear out the inverter codes. Use this site,

HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide

to see how to do that.

If that does not do things, check the lid switch and fuse and also see if you are getting an error code from blinking lights. This will tell you the likely problem, which if all else checks out could be the mode shifter.
karenhudson Posted: Monday, June 7, 2010 10:57:25 AM(UTC)

my GE profile top load front-access washer will not agitate or spin. i checked the belt and it is not broken or off track. the lid switch seems to still be working. can you help me determine what part may need to be replaced and whether this is a do-it-yourself job.