Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
greencraig Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:24:53 PM(UTC)

I just got the igniter in and replaced it. It worked! I'm very impressed with this site and will recommend to my friends. Thanks for your help.

BTW, anyone need a valve and regulator assembly? It looks like it fits multiple models.
greencraig Posted: Saturday, July 12, 2008 5:35:10 PM(UTC)

I just tested the amp draw through the wire connected to the valve assembly and it was 2.59 amps. I'm going to order a new igniter. Thanks for y'alls help.
LoginFreak Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 4:19:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: greencraig Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for your help, how can I be sure it is the igniter? I already wasted $100 on the valve assembly, I do not want to spend another $70 on igniter unless I can be sure.

Like Gene said.
If it has 3.2 amps draw then it should be good.
But looking at it is the easiest way.

If it's white in a certain place or all white.
Then it's bad.
I would have to say 90% of the calls on gas ranges are Igniters.
Gene Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 3:45:10 PM(UTC)

You have to have a special meter to measure current drawn by the igniter. Normally it suppose to be more than 3.2 amps.

Gene.
greencraig Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 3:28:28 PM(UTC)

Thanks for your help, how can I be sure it is the igniter? I already wasted $100 on the valve assembly, I do not want to spend another $70 on igniter unless I can be sure.
Gene Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 12:54:11 PM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is a bad oven igniter.

- The part number for the oven igniter is AP2994573

Here are the break down diagrams for the Kitchen Aid range Model KGRT500FWH1

Gene.
greencraig Posted: Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:16:48 PM(UTC)

My range oven burner never ignites. All the other burners including the broiler and stove top burners light and work fine. When I turn the oven on, I hear the fan start, the igniter lights up, but I don't hear the gas flowing. When I started troubleshooting, I noticed sometimes when I moved the Valve & Regulator assembly it would sometimes start. I assumed it was a bad Valve & Regulator assembly so I ordered a new one from appliancepartspros and put it in. It is still doing the same thing. Any idea what it could be? Thanks