Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:56:51 PM(UTC)

You can try to find a replacement relay by using the numbers from the old relay. Otherwise you have to replace the control board.

- The control board Part number: AP3750535
chadjones99 Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2011 4:08:29 PM(UTC)

so i figure its either the DLB relay or the control power to operate the relay
here is the oven model # GY398LXPS02
Whirlpool
Gene Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:30:33 PM(UTC)

Chad,

What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.
chadjones99 Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:14:52 AM(UTC)

ok I have a whirlpool gold oven/range its a 2005 model ?
anyway after a storm the oven stopped working. so i had a repair guy come out ( display was lite but would not respond ) we put a new board in and that did not fix it so we pulled board and put old board in ( didnt want to buy a 200 plus dollar board if that wa snot the problem ) . so next week he came out with a new touch pad ( the front cover of the oven ) and now it responds but wont heat still so we screw around with it try to find out why its not getting hot you could hear the relay kick in. but no heat ( relay for element on board ) so after testing the DLB relay its stuck open. so either the power source on the board that close's the relay is not working or the relay is bad. cause we jumped a wire across relay and oven got HOT. so my question is were can i find this relay for sale and or being that there is a bake and broil relay and a fuse ,etc why cant i leave the DLB relay jumpered out of the circuit ? or can i what is the risk ?
it kind of looks like the relay is removable but i can soilder one in if i have too. but i would hate to do all that and then find out the power source to close relay was the problem . so what can i do next ?
thanks
chad
votivelady Posted: Saturday, September 6, 2008 6:44:17 PM(UTC)

uh, yeah.... we have had ours for 2 years now and we have had 5 different times of the PF code coming up... 5 times now they have replaced the front "board panel" and it still continues.... whirlpool is aware of this continuing with this model and now says they will pro-rate for us and let us get a new oven... you need to contact the whirlpool corporate office!!!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:55:15 PM(UTC)

Hi Ben,

You're welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it. Enjoy it.

Gene.
utnuc Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:17:29 AM(UTC)

Thanks for all your help Gene. I replaced the thermal fuse, moving over 6 inches. I used the porcelain nuts and high temp wire you suggested. Works like a charm now. Muffins and cookies for everyone!

Ben
Gene Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2008 2:10:57 PM(UTC)

Ben,

You can use this 125°C - 600Volt wire kit: AP3440743 and high temperature porcelain wire nuts: AP3440631.

Gene.
utnuc Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2008 12:45:10 PM(UTC)

I agree - this morning I pulled the oven and found the thermal fuse. The fuse showed an open circuit at room temperature, so it is bad. I have ordered the part from appliancepartspro - to arrive in the near future. Looks like there was a service flash on these whirlpool models, it seems that the location of the fuse - in line with the exhaust fan has caused it to prematurely blow on many ovens (especially when performing a self-clean). Some have recommended moving the fuse location over 6 inches to avoid this problem - to more accurately test the ambient air. However, I dont have any 150C rated wire to use to allow enough length for this change. For now I will just replace the fuse and run the autoclean only extremely rarely.

Thanks for your help Gene.
Ben
Gene Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2008 12:11:43 PM(UTC)

Ben,

Red/white wire means a red wire with white strip on it. If there is no such wire then you have to remove the oven from the cabinet to test the thermal fuse. I can not see another way how to do it.

Gene.