Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rileymg Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:44:30 AM(UTC)

I'm having a similar problem with the same touchpad (WP#: 4451821, M#: 401436): the following buttons don't seem to work: off/cancel, broil, minute up. Does anyone have a schematic for this part that I can use to test whether its the pad or the controller?

And, FWIW, I doubt its the controller because I just got it back from a remanufacturer: CoreCentric Solutions.
denman Posted: Monday, May 10, 2010 3:04:20 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RBS305PDB11 | AppliancePartsPros.com

It does not look like the cable is available as a separate item, which is the norm.
You would have to get a replacement from an electronics supply house and this could be difficult to say the least. Also attaching it to the control panel may not even be possible.

The below assumes that it is a cable problem.

There is a way to repair the cable.
First you have to measure all the cable tracks with a meter for continuity and find which track is open. Then with a magnifying glass find the crack in the cable track/tracks.
If two tracks are cracked and are side by side then it becomes even more of a challenge.
Then comes the tricky part.
You have to scrape off the plastic insulation/coating where the track break is. You need a very delicate touch and a very sharp exacto knife or scalpel. Then get a cold repair kit. Two types are available that I know of. One is available at auto stores, it is used to repair circuit tracks on rear window defoggers. The other is from electronics stores and is used to repair remote control (rubber keypad) switches etc.
You then use the liquid copper track repair to bridge the crack.
Check your fix with a meter to be sure you have repaired it, Then cover it with a couple wraps of electrical tape. You then have to tape a piece of stiff cardboard or plastic (half to one inch should do) onto the cable so that the cable cannot flex where you made your repair.

I have done the above repair on other units but only when the panel is no longer available as it is a bit of a pain but so is replacing the unit.

It looks like on this unit's panel is sealed so just hard wiring in a jumper is not possible.

Hopefully someone else will jump in with info on actually replacing the cable.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
repomanz Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 8:26:45 PM(UTC)

Upon further inspection i think i may have found the issue. The flex circuit(cable) coming from the touchpad assembly appears to have been creased/folded beyond it's max bend radius.

On the cable, i have the following info:

murfin
wp# 4451827
m# 401436
HC-006-1

I was wondering if i could replace this part and not the entire assembly first? Anyone have a link to the flex circuit (cable)?
repomanz Posted: Saturday, May 8, 2010 5:58:52 PM(UTC)

Hi everyone.

I recently bought a house with a faulty oven. The error code says F2 E1. Looking at a tech sheet it says it's the keyboard, the flex circuit or the control panel.

Anyone seen this model number and this error code? Got any tips or field info about what probably failed here?

Thanks!

JJ