Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, September 2, 2007 8:19:23 AM(UTC)

The freezer light door switch turns the light on and off. It also keeps the ice/water in the door from running if the door is open.

Sounds like you have a problem with a different switch.
I would guess the switch in the freezer door that is tripped when you put a glass to it to get ice.

I have the ice/water switch get wet and short out. Then it acts as if you have a glass pressed against it all the time like your trying to get ice.
paynerc Posted: Sunday, September 2, 2007 8:15:25 AM(UTC)

Not real sure. The switch I replaced is located on the left inside the freezer. I'm sure it is the switch that turns light on/off when door opened or closed, but I do not know how this affects the ice maker. But...when the switch is hooked up, the ice make goes crazy, automatically dropping ice down the chute and onto the floor. I don't know what to look at next and I appreciate all help I can get. Thanks!
Gene Posted: Saturday, September 1, 2007 12:53:08 PM(UTC)

Hi paynerc

Are you sure this the light switch we are talking about?
Were it's located?

Gene.
paynerc Posted: Saturday, September 1, 2007 12:05:30 PM(UTC)

I tried it and it worked great for about 1 minute, then ice started ejecting all over the floor so I unhooled the light switch again. What would cause this?
ApplianceJunk Posted: Saturday, September 1, 2007 5:25:10 AM(UTC)

Hi,

Red=Com
Gray=NC
Red Black=NO

Looking at the manual I would say that is how it goes.
Let me know how that works for you.
paynerc Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 5:07:57 PM(UTC)

Husband removed light switch from freezer. Lost light switch. Ordered new switch but I do not know what wire goes to what connection. Three wires, Red, Gray, and Red/Gray. The connections are marked NC, NO and COM. What plugs to what? Part did not come with instructions.

Thanks!:confused: