Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
dgk1173 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:17:58 PM(UTC)

No Change. I think the drain solenoid may be frozen in the down position probably due to rust. I have never seen it in the up position. The movements I mentioned earlier were less than a 1/8th of an inch and not of the solenoid but of the plastic lever arm which is moving when the inlet water is bieng turned on and off. Does this make sense. I cannot move the solenoid piston up or down or sideways, it is rusted frozen. I will try some wd-40 and see if I can loosen it.
abadfish66 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:00:38 PM(UTC)

Disconnect the drain solenoid and star a cycle, see if it will fill with water
dgk1173 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:50:40 AM(UTC)

The heated dry on/off buttons work fine. When the On button is pushed the Off button pops out and vice versa. They feel good. No slop, not stuck and there is no abnormal ressistance.
abadfish66 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:43:58 AM(UTC)

ok, now on the front control of the dishwasher, what does the second button from the left feel like, push it, I think this is the heated dry on / off button, it should feel good, or is there some resistance or alot of slop in the switch, or is it stuck and wont move.
dgk1173 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:37:46 AM(UTC)

The solenoid makes a small movement down and immediately back up every time I open the door. Each time it makes this move down and back up there is a small amount of water that trickles down on to the solenoid and then the trickle stops. It also begins to drain at this time. This same movement of the solenoid happens when I first start the washer. Thanks for the help.
abadfish66 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:28:23 AM(UTC)

I'm trying to understand, your saying that as it is filling the solenoid is in the down position and draining. Does the solenoid move up and down each time it hits the drain cycle. If the solenoid is leaking you will need a new motor assembly to fix that.
dgk1173 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:19:28 AM(UTC)

I did what you said. There is no water. The draining seems to coincide with the water fill leaving no water in the washer. I cannot identify the water fill cycle, only the water drain cycle, due to the noise of the drain cycle. In addition there is small water leak on to the solenoid each time it is activated and then the leak stops. The bottom of the solenoid is rusty and there is calcium deposit on the floor so it must have been leaking and drying for a while. Thanks for the help
abadfish66 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:48:50 AM(UTC)

Ok, but do as I said before, start a cycle and as soon as the water stops filling, open the door and check water level, need to make sure it starts with enough water.
dgk1173 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:45:26 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the prompt response.
The drain goes to the airgap and then to the garbage disposal. I can stop the drain at the garbage disposal and the water comes out of the Airgap, so I presume that works. I have openeed the washer door at various points in the cycle and find some water but not very much at the bottom some times I find none. However when it drains there is a lot of water draining (I think). Thanks for the help.
abadfish66 Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:14:12 AM(UTC)

It may not be getting enough water to begin with, start a cycle and when the water stops filling, open the door and check water level. Also where does the drain line connect to, an airgap at the sink, or through the garbage disposer