Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
wzard841 Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:52:50 AM(UTC)

The ice maker has never been used.
richappy Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 2:46:04 AM(UTC)

The source of the water could be the icemaker. I would empty the icemaker, put 115 volts to the water solenoid for the icemaker for about 9 seconds and see if the icemaker overflows or the filler tube leaks.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 5:29:28 PM(UTC)

Thank you for sharing your repair with us. Your post was very informative.

Good luck with your refrigerator.

Gene.
wzard841 Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:29:53 PM(UTC)

On finding the evap frosted and the blower not running I tested the blower by spinning it while still plugged in but turned off. Blower ran but stopped after the unit was turned back on and cooled off.
I replaced the blower with a new one as I didn't want to lose the food in the fridge side.( freezer mt) Investigating the cause of failure I removed the back bearing assy and the rotor (watch the tiny thrust washers) & discovered a small qty of water in the motor. I dried it out and reinstalled it.
If I had known to do this first it would have saved me the cost of a new blower. Hope this helps someone.