Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:37:53 AM(UTC)

john@njbestvideo.com

It would be best if you start your own thread using Post New Topic.

Adding to this thread will just confuse things.
Also your odds of getting help will be better.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
john@njbestvideo.com Posted: Monday, December 19, 2016 10:26:34 AM(UTC)

I have the model GSD3320C03BB dishwasher and the water will not drain from the bottom of unit. The last run or 2 there was an odd sound and thought something got stuck. It washes well but does not drain the water out. I bailed it out the first time and tried again. The same results next time. Proceeded to take the cover/gasket off to see if food was stuck and felt very little in opening leading to hose/pump.. Any help would be appreciated. John
ikwia61 Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 7:19:33 AM(UTC)

I will try turning the supply valve down a turn. It is not leaking a lot...just about a 1/2 ounce or so. It is draining well and there is no crud under the float cover. The float stem seems to be ok.
denman Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 12:48:01 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Blue"]The vinegar is not dissolving the granules.[/COLOR]
Cannot say where the granules are coming from.
Could be the anode (scavenger) in the tank.

[COLOR="Blue"]Also now I have a slight leak which appears to be coming from under the float. Is there any way to regulate the amount of water going into the machine? The tub looks quite full.[/COLOR]
Could be it is not draining correctly.
Theses units usually leave about 1 quarter inch of water in the tub as the pumps do not like to running dry. They can destroy the pump seals

There is really no way to adjust the fill.
You could partially shut off the water supply valve if you have one but this should not be necessary unless your water pressure is high,
Remove the float cover and check it.
Often crud gets in there and can cause leaks.
ikwia61 Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2010 12:32:08 PM(UTC)

The vinegar is not dissolving the granules.

Also now I have a slight leak which appears to be coming from under the float. Is there any way to regulate the amount of water going into the machine? The tub looks quite full.
ikwia61 Posted: Sunday, April 18, 2010 2:04:06 AM(UTC)

I have done so in the past but not recently. will do that tomorrow. Thanks a bunch. I will let you know about the vinegar on the granules. Thank you again, Ingrid
denman Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 7:45:38 PM(UTC)

Cannot say what is causing the white granules.
Could be calcium coming out of solution when the water is heated up.
The next time some show up put them in some vinegar if they dissolve it is probably calcium and you have hard water.

Do you drain some water out of you hot water tank on a regular basis.
My water is not hard and I still drain some out 3 times a year.
I let it run till it is nice and clear.
It always has some sediment in the bottom.
ikwia61 Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 2:09:39 PM(UTC)

The screen of the inlet valve was totally clogged with white chalk like granules that show up now and then in my hot water screens on my faucets. I assume they come from the HW heater which is electric. I never see them on the cold water side. What do I need to do to get rid of them? Thank you so much for the DW advice.
denman Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:08:01 PM(UTC)

Water valve is usually on the left hand side behind the kick plate.
The screen is built into the valve on it's input side.
ikwia61 Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:53:15 AM(UTC)

Where do I find the inlet valve and screen on this machine? I added the extra water and it washed fine.