Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:59:54 AM(UTC)

Tristan,

The first thing I would check is the exhaust line and inner air ducts for any blockage.

If there is nothing wrong then check the blower wheel.

If this is not the issue then replace the hi-limit thermostat.

Gene.
Tristan Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:52:11 AM(UTC)

Gene
Have continuity when I start and after the flame is on for a while, I lose continuity, then the flame goes out and stays that way for a while and then I have continuity.

Tristan
Gene Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:19:57 AM(UTC)

Hi Tristan,

Check the hi-limit thermostat for continuity right after the flame went out.

Post the result.

Gene.
Tristan Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:35:12 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene
I took your advice and ordered the coils. Replaced and still the same. The igniter glows, the flame comes on for 5 sec and then goes out. Watched this for a few minutes and same symptom. Also noticed that Moisture Monitor Indicator is on solid 'less'. There is nothing in the dryer with the front cover off while I observed the above symptoms. Looking at the manual, it sounds like the radiant sensor, but also what about the hi-limit thermostat. What would be a good check to determine where the problem exists?
Thanks....Tristan
Gene Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:51:47 PM(UTC)

Hi Tristan,

Most likely the problem caused by a bad coils on the gas valve (#7 & #8 on the gas valve brake down diagram).

- The part number for the coil kit is AP3094251

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag dryer Model MDG7658AWW

Gene.
Tristan Posted: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:16:00 PM(UTC)

Sometimes when dryer is started, it will heat normally. If door is open and then restarted, dryer does not heat up.
Seems that dryer will heat after settingt a while, but if stopped and started again, will not heat.