Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2008 12:18:06 PM(UTC)

You're welcome. We're glad you were able to fix it.
Gene.
alpierro Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:09:08 AM(UTC)

The clip that held the dial was slightly rusted which gave me the trouble taking it off but I finally removed it. I took out the timer and after I peeled back a piece of plastic that covered the tines and contacts I could see some pitting so I sprayed the contacts with an electrical spray while I turned the dial. I then put the timer back in the machine and it worked. Went through the complete cycle with no problems. I don't know how well the contacts in the timer will hold up but if it fails again I will buy the new timer. Thanks again for all your help and thanks for sticking with me through the process. Hope this experience helps other novices like myself. Have a great day!!!!!!
Gene Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 11:12:48 AM(UTC)

There is nothing holding this dial - just friction. It has to be pulled out. Two screws, holding the timer, are behind the dial.

Gene.
alpierro Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:15:01 AM(UTC)

I checked the motor connector and it is on solid, I removed it and checked across the windings of the motor and see good continuity. I see no sign of anything burnt smell or discoloration. I will purchase the timer.

But one question on removal of the existing timer. I can take the outer knob off (it turned counter clockwise and spun off) and the clear plastic ring (this ring was attached to the dial by three prongs) behind it but I am having trouble removing the dial itself. I read that there should be two screws holding the timer in place behind the dial. It dial has a red line on it to indicate where in the cycle it is. The dial is made of black plastic with a piece of metal attached to it with the Red Line on it. I have tried pulling and prying it but it won't budge. Do you have any suggestions on removal of the dial?
Gene Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 11:45:04 AM(UTC)

Keep us posted.

Gene.
alpierro Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 11:04:32 PM(UTC)

I will check the motor plug as you suggest. If ok I will replace the timer.
Gene Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 6:48:32 PM(UTC)

I would remove the cabinet and check the motor plug and all wires to the motor. If there is nothing wrong then the problem, most likely, is a bad timer.

Gene.
alpierro Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 4:43:41 PM(UTC)

The machine is not going into the wash cycle at any water level now. When I reported that it worked at the medium water level I think what happened was my wife left the machine after it started to fill. Since the timer advanced it eventually went into the rest of the cycles and since it rinsed and went through the spin and then to off it looked like it worked. In any case it fills, the timer advances but it does not agitate but does all other functions. At the agitate duration of the timer I did not hear anything other than the timer advancing. The motor didn't make any noise during that agitate cycle.

I noticed on another response you made to the same problem you mentioned the agitator dog was the problem. My agitator top spins freely in both directions and so does the agitator bottom. Does that mean the Agitator Dogs are bad in my machine?

If the above isn't the problem do I need to check the motor. do I check for continuity at the Low winding between V and W-Bk?
Gene Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 2:16:44 PM(UTC)

I do not see how a problem with the motor or the timer could be connected to water level, especially if there is nothing wrong with the water level switch. Did your wife used the same wash cycle when it happened or she used different cycles?

Gene.

P.S. Here is the wiring diagram for your washer.
alpierro Posted: Monday, June 16, 2008 6:11:05 AM(UTC)

I checked continuity on the V and T terminals on the water level switch and get good continuity. Since that was good I went and checked the lid switch for a short when actuated and I get a good short. Today we filled the machine and found that the timer advances through all the cycles. However as before it does not agitate but does rinse and spin. Does the motor have a separate winding for agitate and one for spin ? Could this mean the moter is bad for wash/agitate only? Do you have any other suggestions?