Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
cwren Posted: Friday, June 6, 2008 11:41:26 AM(UTC)

Earl,
Thank you for your reply. I asked my local appliance repairman if he checked the ohms at room temperature and never did get an answer from him. He suggested I buy a new stove/oven. I don't cook much so the stove/oven are like new. I called Maytag (now Whorlpool) and they told me that they would need to send out a certified Maytag repairman and have the problem diagnosed. $75 visit fee + $60/hr + parts. It doesn't make sense to send this one to the bone pile but since I gave the first repairman $155 and I'm no better off; I just don't know what to do.
Carrie
Earl Dryer Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2008 7:16:17 AM(UTC)

Check the oven sensor it should read 1100 ohms at room temp.
cwren Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:08:43 PM(UTC)

Oven temperature does not reach the set temperature. Set to 400 degrees or above and oven shuts off when temperature reaches approximately 350 degrees; although the display indicates it has reached the set temperature (will beep and shut off).

Replaced week Igniter and still have the same problem. All other features on the appliance work fine.

Is the problem most likely:
1) Control Panel,
2) Harness/Control, or
3) Harness Control Panel

Thanks