Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:13:38 PM(UTC)

The best thing is to disconnect both wires from the heater before testing it.

Also such problem could happen if the incoming water is very cold (much less than 120°F recommended by the manufacturer).

Gene.
parrottf Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 4:02:11 PM(UTC)

Gene -- one last try?
I replaced it (it was thru ************.com, so no problems). it STILL isn't getting hot, and it goes to seven blinks after awhile. So ... either I have a wiring problem, or I didn't test either the thermostat or heating element correctly. I removed the thermostat completely -- no wires -- and it had continuity -- so that would seem to be ok. As to the heating element -- I had the unit unplugged, but I don't think I disconnected any wires before I tested it. Is that necessary (yes, probably). Which ones? All of them on the control board?
parrottf Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 8:18:08 AM(UTC)

I replaced it (it was thru ************.com, so no problems). it STILL isn't getting hot, and it goes to seven blinks after awhile. So ... either I have a wiring problem, or I didn't test either the thermostat or heating element correctly. I removed the thermostat completely -- no wires -- and it had continuity -- so that would seem to be ok. As to the heating element -- I had the unit unplugged, but I don't think I disconnected any wires before I tested it. Is that necessary (yes, probably). Which ones? All of them on the control board?
Gene Posted: Monday, June 2, 2008 7:03:37 PM(UTC)

I would not be surprised if the new control board you installed is defective. Talk to people who sold it about the part warranty exchange.

Gene.
parrottf Posted: Monday, June 2, 2008 3:17:14 PM(UTC)

Both the thermostat and element have continuity.
parrottf Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2008 11:49:20 AM(UTC)

Thank you, Gene. Both the heater and hi-limit have continuity.

BTW -- to clairify my earlier post -- I AM able to get the unit to run after resetting it ... but like others, it shuts down and goes into the seven-blink sequence after the wash is complete -- and I'm assuming right about the time the heater element is wanting to kick in, right?

You guys make this make sense! Let me know what I should do next?
Gene Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 3:27:30 PM(UTC)

Check the heater and the hi-limit thermostat (#30 on the break down diagram) for continuity. Post your findings.

Gene.
parrottf Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 6:23:09 PM(UTC)

Installed a new control module myself (not a technician, but I reconnected everything properly, I think). Now I have a blinking "clean" light. The cancel/drain button engages the unit for about two minutes -- but it goes back to the blinking "clean." Won't wash.

What did I get wrong?

Sprayers are not clogged ... unit is sealed tight.

Thanks!!