Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Tuesday, January 5, 2010 12:30:55 AM(UTC)

Yes, I recently worked on the same stove and did the same thing as you did and found the switch was probably bad but due to the high cost, the customer threw it away. Found it very difficult to diagnose. In retrospect, I could have swapped the wiring to a known good burner, but it may have been difficult to do, too many wires.
r17624 Posted: Monday, January 4, 2010 3:08:53 PM(UTC)

I replaced the dual burner after hemming and hogging over the expense. I still have the same issue. Is it the switch now?

mike t
richappy Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 11:15:18 AM(UTC)

The thermal cutoff in the burner must be independent of the switch for safety reasons, preventing the glass from cracking due to overheating.
r17624 Posted: Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:24:17 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the fast reply and suggestion. When looking at the schematic though, it appears that the switch should shut the thermal cutoff down.
Does the thermal cutoff bypass the switch?
Smig Posted: Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:00:03 AM(UTC)

I have an Amana smoothtop range (Model #ARTS6651) and my dual burner is not working right. The 6" is out and the 9" went out but is now working again. I was going to replace the burners but not sure if its the burners or something else? Any advice is much appreicated.
richappy Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:48:02 AM(UTC)

Seems like a bad thermal cutoff in the dual burner, I would start by replacing the burner.
r17624 Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 2:15:17 PM(UTC)

On my dual burner, the inside burner turns on and off. When its at a certain temp it shuts off and this is after I ensured that the switch is turned off. It only ramps for about 5 secs but it does this 24/7.
Model number is 9709209760.
I was thinking that it might be the switch but I dont know because if I power off the entire unit from the breaker box, and then turn on after a couple of minutes, the burner will not turn on until I use it next. Is there a contoller, TC or switch issue.

I look up the switch with the model I have and Amana has obsolete the switch with know replace part identified.

Thanks in advance,

Mike