Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 7:50:36 AM(UTC)

I have never heard of R415B, perhaps it's similar, or a foreign replacement!!
Rodolfo-Argentina Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 7:06:13 AM(UTC)

sorry, have pressure & temperature table (saturation) r415b
Rodolfo Scheiner
tecnocompresores@arnet.com.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina
richappy Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 1:47:46 AM(UTC)

The latest R12 refrigerant replacement is R414B charged as a liquid. You will need a refrigeration license to buy it.
I would not sink a lot of money in this fridg. The newer fridges using R134A are twice as energy efficient as yours due to superior insulation.
jeffrey_benjamin Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 6:08:48 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
You'll need to replace it with a compressor for use with R134A. I believe the R12 would actually cost you more than the compressor, if you can find someone who still has some. Your system will have to be recovered (by a licensed refrig tech), and the compressors exchanged, then the system evacuated and vacuum checked for leaks; then recharged. You may want to weigh the cost of this against replacing the refrigerator.

Thank you
. I would like to know what size compressor ( hp, btu, & if I can use R415B or R406A in Place of the R12. Also the Model # on the compressor Wheather 3 or 5 line Note its A GE TFF24RBC :confused:
magician59 Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 12:59:06 PM(UTC)

You'll need to replace it with a compressor for use with R134A. I believe the R12 would actually cost you more than the compressor, if you can find someone who still has some. Your system will have to be recovered (by a licensed refrig tech), and the compressors exchanged, then the system evacuated and vacuum checked for leaks; then recharged. You may want to weigh the cost of this against replacing the refrigerator.
jeffrey_benjamin Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 10:20:55 AM(UTC)

Need some advice on replacing compressor on GE TFF24RBC S/S with ice / water dispenser on door etc. Sysem using R-12. Need a replacement compressor Please help :confused: