Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Qtip Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:53:39 PM(UTC)

the frozen filler tube indicates that the water valve doors are not closing all the way causing drops of water to drip down the fill tube slower than normal which is making it freeze in that tube 1 drop at a time. replacing the water valve will fix that problem. it was leaking at the connection by the freezer because that tube was frozen and the water had to go somewhere!
ee.dan Posted: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 2:38:44 AM(UTC)

Dime sized feeder tube was indeed frozen. I will thaw today w/hair dryer. The leak was where the plastic line meets the freezer. No cracks found in the line. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'll let you know if thawing solves the problem. Should I expect recurrence or might this have been a "one time" problem? We have had the refrigerator since 2001 without any problems.
Qtip Posted: Monday, March 1, 2010 7:40:55 PM(UTC)

open the freezer and find the dime sized tube that feeds the water into the icemaker - is that tube frozen solid? was the leak where the water line connects to the water valve or was the leak where the plastic line runs up the back of the fridge into the freezer?
ee.dan Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:41:03 AM(UTC)

Ran out of ice yesterday. Ice tray was bone dry. Water dispenser continued to work properly. I checked the intake water line and discovered a slow leak where it connects to the refrigerator. I tightened the brass screw but still had the slow drip. The line is not cracked. Can anyone suggest a fix before I call for repairs?