Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Saturday, July 10, 2021 8:42:29 PM(UTC)

Message was deleted by a Moderator. | Reason: spam
maxbing Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:53:46 AM(UTC)

I found it!

I had to take the back inside panel off of the freezer. the Main plug on the back wall that looks like it connect s all the wires on the top to the ones on bottom was loose. I found it because when I plugged in the frig after taking the panel off nothing was powered. No light no fan. I pushed on the big plug and...click everything started working. It must have been just loose enough for every thing but the valve power to still have contact.

It always seem so simple once you know the answer.

I don't want to even try and hook up the old ice maker and see if that was the problem all along....doh.
maxbing Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:31:26 AM(UTC)

I have a Kenmore Refrigerator and it stopped making ice. I have got through every troubleshooting step that I can find online. Here is where I am at.

Replaced water valve
Replaced Ice Maker.

- I can Jump t and h on the ice maker and it will cycle
- At the end of the cycle I see 120 v on the "V" for a second.
- If I jump V and L the valve does not open an deliver water.
- If I apply 120 volts directly to the valve it does open and deliver water.
- When I jump V and L on the ice maker the plug going to the valve still reads 0 volts.

To me it seems that there is a break somewhere between the Ice Maker and the plug on the valve. How can I find this? Is there an easy way to get to the wiring? The part of the wire (brown) that I can see looks fine.

I have been struggling with this for a while. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

thanks