Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, March 8, 2010 12:59:13 PM(UTC)

Sounds like the water valve is the culprit. Possible it stuck open.

Gene.
peach65 Posted: Saturday, March 6, 2010 5:32:46 AM(UTC)

removed wires and still leaking. the leak has actually gotten worse
Gene Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:05:42 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: peach65 Go to Quoted Post
I'm still having the problem with the leak even after more than 5 gallons have been used. Could it be a faulty water valve? I've removed it and reattached to make sure the connections were correct.

Carefully remove the wires from the water valve solenoid. Check if it's still leaking. Measure the voltage at the wire plug. Post the results.

Gene.
peach65 Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 6:34:19 AM(UTC)

I'm still having the problem with the leak even after more than 5 gallons have been used. Could it be a faulty water valve? I've removed it and reattached to make sure the connections were correct.
Gene Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:17:42 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
peach65 Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:27:18 AM(UTC)

Probably not that much yet. I will make sure I do that today. Thanks for the quick reply.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:56:30 PM(UTC)

Every time after you replace the water filter or the water valve (in your case), you have to evacuate 3 to 4 gallons of water through the water dispenser to get rid of air inside the system. Did you do it?

Gene.
peach65 Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:30:46 AM(UTC)

I just replaced the water valve on my Amana side by side but I'm still getting the leak from the water line ( where you fill up your glass). I replaced the valve based on the postings I saw on this board but it appears that the valve was not the problem. Any idea on another reason for the leak?