Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
KennBur Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:54:37 PM(UTC)

Steve,

You might want to take a look at the several other threads with the same general subject - GE dishwasher won't empty.

Seems the problem can be due to about five different things -- mostly mechanical.

Reference this breakdown diagram and parts list for general info:

Model GSD4030Z07WW

The causes include the air gap gizmo (rarely found since 1995), the drain hose clogged up, the Piston assembly for check valve and its nut Piston & nut, Body valve & check assembly and, finally, the pump and motor assembly. If you've replaced all that stuff, you need a new machine and.or a certified GE repair person.

Good luck!

Kenn

P.S. I've been messing with my machine for some 5 weeks, off and on, and it still doesn't drain! My wife is about to buy a Whirlpool DU1055XTS[Q] Whirlpool DU1055XTS(Q) | ConsumerSearch.com to replace the GE.
stevie baa Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 6:48:19 AM(UTC)

Hi there,

i'm visiting my sister and she has the same line of dishwasher.

same issue of not draining on the final cycle. they tell me they took apart and inspected all the external and internal plumbing for cloggs and found nothing.

the cycle does drain at points of the cycle where it exchanges some of the water in the tub. as stated in the last post we can drain it by starting a new cycle and pressing reset.

i believe the problem is in the controller. since all the mechanicals seem to be working.

does anyone know how the do a hard reset on the controller board? some type of combination key press, if possible?

thanks for your help,

steve baader
Gene Posted: Friday, May 9, 2008 2:46:44 PM(UTC)

Joe,

Remove the filter frame (#543 on the break down diagram) and unscrew the piston & nut assembly (#564 on the break down diagram). Looking at the part picture, compare condition of the cone center piece and replace the piston & nut assembly if necessary.

- The part number for the piston & nut assembly is AP2617344

Gene.
Island Joe Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 5:33:06 PM(UTC)

Hello Gene,

Further checking.
I was able to make the dishwasher drain completely.
But only by starting a new normal cycle, then hitting reset after a 5 seconds and letting it drain. I had to repeat that process 5-6 times before it fully drained the washer. I had made sure the trap and line was completed clear first. Also, I was able to see a clear, seemingly normal, flow of draining using a flashlight to look down the sink drain. It's just that it took 5-6 reset cycles to give the pump enough time to empty the washer.
Must not be any clogging or kinking or even pump issue. A control issue of some sort?!

Joe
Island Joe Posted: Thursday, May 8, 2008 4:51:29 AM(UTC)

Hello Gene,

Sorry to be so long responding.

1) There is no air gap
2) no garbage disposal
3) drain from dishwasher connects directly to sink drain line, just above the elbow/trap
4) I disconnected the washer drain line from the sink drain line, partially filled the washer then hit reset to drain it. It did drain out of the dishwasher drain line, all over the cabinet and floor - no, just kidding - I had a bucket. All the water did drain into the bucket from the washer.
5) Reconnected drainline to sink line, ran a whole cycle with dirty dishes. Cleaned well, but.... the washer was full of water in the bottom that didn't drain after the cycle.
6) FYI, the sink the washer drain line hooks into drains ok, but not fantastic.

Do I have a ghost?

Joe
Gene Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:24:39 PM(UTC)

Thank you, Joe

Do what I recommended first and post the results.

Gene.
Island Joe Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:32:32 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene,

Sorry.
Model #: GSD 4040 Z 04 BB.

Joe
Gene Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:03:51 PM(UTC)

Joe,

The model number consists of: 3 letters - 4 digits - 1 letter - 2 digits - 2 letters.

Gene.
Island Joe Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 4:55:06 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene,

Thanks for your note - the model is: GSD40204BB

Joe
Gene Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 11:29:46 AM(UTC)

Hi Joe,

The first thing I would check is the air gap (if there is one) on top of the sink. Remove the cover and the top piece and check for a clog.

Remove the drain hose form the air gap (or from the garbage disposer if there is no air gap), put the end of the hose in a bucket, run the drain cycle and watch for a foreign objects coming out.

If there is nothing wrong then it could be a kinked drain hose or a drain pump. For more accurate advise I need the complete model number of the dishwasher.

Gene.