Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, February 4, 2010 2:04:48 AM(UTC)

Here are the parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GU1500XTKQ0 Undercounter Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is a tech sheet
http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%208530866.pdf

There is a rotating pattern of lights visible in the display window that runs continuously without anything happening.. Chopper blade did not rotate.
Is the wash motor at fault/should i replace it? Are there any other diagnostic steps I can take to isolate the problem?

You should have been able to rotate the motor armature/chopper blade.
Does sound like the motor may be seized.
Try rotating the armature using a small screw driver and the fins on the back side of the unit.
You could pull the motor, hook it up to a line cord and bench test it.

I cannot explain the rotating lights.
Hopefully someone else has seen these exact symptoms and can help.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rich1946 Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 11:37:41 AM(UTC)

The dishwasher fills and stops. A slight hum is heard for approximately two minutes then stops. There is a rotating pattern of lights visible in the display window that runs continuously without anything happening. I hit the cancel/drain button after 20 minutes, it drained and shut off. I ran diagnostics which did not indicate any problem. I cleaned the chopper and separation screen which had minimal debris. Chopper blade did not rotate. Check valve appeared normal, no wear/tear. Overflow protection float and fill valve are operable. Is the wash motor at fault/should i replace it? Are there any other diagnostic steps I can take to isolate the problem? Thanks for your help.