Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
ApplianceBlog Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 5:04:44 PM(UTC)

Anytime, keep us posted.
hydrant71 Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:52:54 PM(UTC)

ok, thanks
ApplianceBlog Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:46:28 PM(UTC)

Yes, but you need to put the back panel back on, so it can cool faster.

Jake
hydrant71 Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 1:22:01 PM(UTC)

yes already defrosted. it's plugged back in, the compressor seems to be operating fine, the condensor and evaporator fans are working. after about a half hour of being plugged in, the bottom 2/3rds of the evaporator is frosty, top third is not, is this normal? i'll ohm check the defrost thermostat and heater after it cools (if it does) like you suggested. thanks
ApplianceBlog Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 12:11:58 PM(UTC)

Oh, you already defrosted it completely?

Jake
ApplianceBlog Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 12:10:13 PM(UTC)

Before you defrost it, I always ohm the defrost thermostat with my ohm meter for continuity to get a proper reading while its still frosty, normal ohm reading would be 0-1 ohm.

It that reads good, then ohm your defrost heater, that should read the same.

Unplug your refrigerator first before ohm testing those 2 parts.

If both parts are fine, then its your motherboard thats bad, you can order that here by clicking your model# in the title of this thread.

Jake
hydrant71 Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 12:00:22 PM(UTC)

removed the panel from the inside of freezer covering the evaporator and the evaporator was covered solid with frost and ice. defrosted evap. with a hairdryer and i am plugging it back in to see if it will get cold again. what is supposed to keep the coils from icing up?
hydrant71 Posted: Friday, January 22, 2010 10:06:23 AM(UTC)

both the frige and freezer are warm, fridge @ 50*f and freezer @32*f. I'm going to begin to remove the panels now and attempt to troubleshoot and defrost with a hairdryer. do you have any suggestions on the general direction i should take? thanks