Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 2:33:06 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: luv2fix Go to Quoted Post
When I worked for Sears in another department I was aware of a repair kit that involved a wire that wrapped around the evaporator heater and reached a little into the drain to keep water from freezing and blocking the drain but I don't know the part number.

It's never been made by a manufacturer and sold as a part. You can make it yourself.

Gene.
luv2fix Posted: Monday, May 24, 2010 10:32:43 AM(UTC)

When I worked for Sears in another department I was aware of a repair kit that involved a wire that wrapped around the evaporator heater and reached a little into the drain to keep water from freezing and blocking the drain but I don't know the part number.
Gene Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 12:57:43 PM(UTC)

Your refrigerator made by Whirlpool and you can use any instructions or advices you found for Whirlpool top-mount refrigerators. There are no any special repair kits to solve such problem. The best you can do is keep the drain hose clean, especially at the bottom end.

Gene.
rokemo Posted: Monday, January 18, 2010 10:03:10 AM(UTC)

I've seen posts regarding the defroster drain freezing issue for other models but not for a Kenmore refrigerator. For a Kenmore Coldspot model # 106-71182101 can anyone tell me if there is a specific repair kit for the drain freezing issue? Thanks.